Is a state or perpetual ecstasy heaven or hell?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is a state of perpetual ecstasy Heaven or Hell?

Guess that might depend on what your thoughts or definition of ecstasy is, huh?

It could be a perpetual burning fire (in sexual terms) or a state of perpetual Joy (other than sexual terms)

Thoughts?

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Ecstasy (emotion)

Ecstasy (from Ancient Greek ἔκστασις ékstasis) is a subjective experience of total involvement of the subject, with an object of his or her awareness. Total involvement with an object of interest is not an ordinary experience because of being aware of other objects, thus ecstasy is an example of an altered state of consciousness characterized by diminished awareness of other objects or the total lack of the awareness of surroundings and everything around the object. The word is also used to refer to any heightened state of consciousness or intensely pleasant experience. It is also used more specifically to denote states of awareness of non-ordinary mental spaces, which may be perceived as spiritual (the latter type of ecstasy often takes the form of religious ecstasy).

Ecstasy (religious)

Religious ecstasy is a type of an altered state of consciousness characterized by greatly reduced external awareness and expanded interior mental and spiritual awareness, frequently accompanied by visions and emotional (and sometimes physical) euphoria. Although the experience is usually brief in time,[1] there are records of such experiences lasting several days or even more, and of recurring experiences of ecstasy during one's lifetime. Subjective perception of time, space or self may strongly change or disappear during ecstasy, sometimes called enlightenment.

I got both of these definitions from Wikipedia, I found it very interesting that sexual experience is not even mentioned, yet most of society when they think of Ecstasy, it means sex, curious isn't it...

I believe I have experienced spiritual Ecstasy...

Comments?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Heaven. It's another word for being fully alive.

Why has it developed a sexual meaning to much of today's society?

For example when we say someone is "burning with ecstasy" we often think that they are full of sexual desire, or horny...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

For example when we say someone is "burning with ecstasy" we often think that they are full of sexual desire, or horny...?

God Bless!

I'm not sure. Maybe our society is obsessed with sex.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God Bless!

Because we are obsessed with sex. Say the word "penal" or "titular" in just about any size group and someone's going to giggle.

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

Because we are obsessed with sex. Say the word "penal" or "titular" in just about any size group and someone's going to giggle.

Yes this is one side of the coin and the other are holier than thou's who see sin as cracking a smile or laughing at a joke or God forbid someone says a bad word! They are so rigid and cold and worship rules instead of Christ. Such Christians and their views of sin are so superficial and false.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes this is one side of the coin and the other are holier than thou's who see sin as cracking a smile or laughing at a joke or God forbid someone says a bad word! They are so rigid and cold and worship rules instead of Christ. Such Christians and their views of sin are so superficial and false.

Unfortunately, Christians do not have a patent on holier-than-thou. The Secular Humanists and Progressives play the holier-than-thou card much better than today's Christians. American culture has degenerated to a game of "who can be offended first" because the first party to be offended wins the argument and/or gains control over the other party in our crybaby culture.

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

Unfortunately, Christians do not have a patent on holier-than-thou. The Secular Humanists and Progressives play the holier-than-thou card much better than today's Christians. American culture has degenerated to a game of "who can be offended first" because the first party to be offended wins the argument and/or gains control over the other party in our crybaby culture.

I agree with that. We're a nation of woosies. I'm pumping weights and working out so I don't get beat up anymore. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldStudent

Feb 24, 2007
central Ohio
✟8,188.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It strikes me perpetual ecstasy is an oxymoron - like brilliant black or square wheels. Ecstasy is a momentary burst of high delight. The delightful burst of a fireworks shell. If it goes too long you will burnout or the state will become a norm in its own right.

Hell will be sheer agony until it burns out.

Heaven will present us with ongoing deep-seated contentment and general sense of joy. We can expect peak emotional moments from numerous events. I will venture a bit of a surprise. I am a technician/student-of-science. In my studies it will not be surprising to have something not work as expected and maybe even break. That may give rise to surprised disappointment. So. What it the harm in that? It's part of the learning curve. The lost time is irrelevant as there will be no hard stop - death. Time will be only for keeping order and enabling appointments - like Sabbaths at the throne.

An element of ecstasy for me will be hanging on to a dolphin fin and having him show me his world! There will be innumerable delights to be discovered.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Some of the Jokes, like modern day Hollywood like to play, just aren't funny to the serious Christian, or do you think that God's sense of humor, is the same of the world's sense of humor?

I get offended at things that I don't want my kids exposed to...

But I also wondered about God's sense of humor?

God Bless!

Upvote 0