bind on pick up
Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember once a number of years ago, I was driving through a housing estate area, with my mother in the passenger seat.

We happened upon a car in the middle of the road and someone standing next to the car window conversing. I sat there patiently waiting 15-20 seconds while they wrapped up their conversation and watched the car leave.

I pull up next to the man, still standing where he was in the street, and I start talking to him like I know him, introduced my mother. She said "Hi, nice to meet you" and they shook hands and made all cordial like.

A few moments later the man finally got up the nerve to ask who I was. I told him I was no one and just felt like saying hi. As I was driving off, the look of confusion on the mans face as he stood in the street watching me leave, and seeing my mothers face contort as she slowly came to realize what just happened was priceless.

I had a wonderfully good laugh at their expense for quite a long while.

Upvote 0
C

Child-of-Zion

I remember once a number of years ago, I was driving through a housing estate area, with my mother in the passenger seat.

We happened upon a car in the middle of the road and someone standing next to the car window conversing. I sat there patiently waiting 15-20 seconds while they wrapped up their conversation and watched the car leave.

I pull up next to the man, still standing where he was in the street, and I start talking to him like I know him, introduced my mother. She said "Hi, nice to meet you" and they shook hands and made all cordial like.

A few moments later the man finally got up the nerve to ask who I was. I told him I was no one and just felt like saying hi. As I was driving off, the look of confusion on the mans face as he stood in the street watching me leave, and seeing my mothers face contort as she slowly came to realize what just happened was priceless.

haha, that's awesome. I love randomness.

One of my brothers had a shirt that said 'On the 7th day God created coffee.... so he could face Monday morning.'

Upvote 0
P

Peaceful Dove

^_^ Ha Ha! This story was a great way to start my morning.
I wish I had been there to see this.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^_^ Ha Ha! This story was a great way to start my morning.
I wish I had been there to see this.

If you actually knew me in person, you'd come to expect these kind of things.

Just about everybody who knows me makes a comment at one time or another that I missed my calling as a comedian because joking around is my natural disposition. That was not my calling but its interesting nonetheless.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is a Sense of Humor Important to you???

What sort do you have?

What kind do you like.

Do you have a favorite comedy show/movie/comedian????

:D
Yep, I love to laugh!

I have a very warped sense of humour. An example is like one scene in the movie "Hot Fuzz" when one of the cops gets a brain freeze from eating his ice cream too quickly (it was his facial expression ^_^....man, can't believe it's making me smile as I type this :) ).

I can't say I have a favourite comedy show although witnessing some of the teasing banter on CF is quite funny :)

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i do have a sense of humor

i like the off-hand, Brittish kind of humor as in the characters of Han Solo, Merry (LOTR), John Clese, and the crew from "Are you Being Served", and "Father Ted".
Ahhh yes, Father Ted! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Is a Sense of Humor Important to you???

What sort do you have?

What kind do you like.

Do you have a favorite comedy show/movie/comedian????

:D
Yes, if you don't have a sense of humor, you're not thinking much like God. (Check out the platypus!) ;)

Mine is very Groucho Marx. I tend to take everything literally, and laugh at the results.

I like English humor of the Monty Python sort.

I have too many favorites, but Eddie Murphy in the Beverly Hills Cop movies totally works for me.

Upvote 0

MrSnow

May 30, 2007
✟8,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like my humor like Ezekiel likes his valley of bones.

I also like satire and parody.

I am also a big fan of what you might call situational humor. Just little things about the way life transpires.

I think humor, in whatever form it manifests itself, is vital to a well-balanced and joyous life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.