Is a Sense of Humor Important to you???

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peaceful Dove

I will start.

A sense of humor is one of the most important things to me. I love to laugh and laugh a whole lot.

I am silly and a great tease. Especially with folks I really like.

I truly enjoy practical jokers and quick wits and even half wits. I love being the brunt of a joke.

My favorite comedian of all time was Jerry Lewis. I loved all of his movies. I also cracked up over Carol Burnett. Hmmmm, it is a little hard to find a really good comedian lately but my favorite comedy movie in the past few years was Overboard.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good timing! I just spent some time with someone who was not being humorous at all, and I had to wonder why I bothered.

Bill Nye.

Sandra Bullock -- she is not afraid to make a fool of herself, or appear imperfect. But she can do perfect when she needs to.

Jake Thomas, who played Lizzie McGuire's pesky brother.

Shia LaBoeuf in Even Stevens -- another little brother.

Sara Gilbert who played Darlene on the Roseanne Show

Umm... I'm gonna get carried away if someone doesn't stop me. Someone else mention some shows for grown-ups.

Upvote 0

map4

Love Never Fails
Mar 29, 2008
Texas
✟10,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, a sense of humor is very important to me.
I love laughing.

Some of the best times with my kids are when we are laughing and joking around. And at family get togethers when we are laughing and poking fun at each other.

My youngest brother is a real jokster. You have to watch him...he will get you good. And, the more gullible you are, the better he likes you :D.
He would make a great used car salesman! (hope there are no used car salesmen here :blush:)

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A sense of humor IMO is essential for an abundant life.
I like humorous people.

Favorite all time comedian would be Red Skelton. Oops shows my age.
He was very very funny without vulgarity, which is not funny.

Next would be Bob Hope.
Jack Benny?
jack-benny.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

soap

Psalm 40:2
May 24, 2005
✟57,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I laugh loud. And hard. Sense of humor is very important to me. I'm gonna marry a woman who knows how to laugh.
Stuff like this makes me laugh so hard that I snort;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef21nOuQzMU

That was funny. I remember misunderstanding my Indian boss once and thought he asked me if I had any tattoos. I don't remember what he was asking me, but it was a work related question. I thought it was pretty personal, but I answered the question that I thought he was asking.

Another time, a Spanish lady walked into our building and said, "Uhh, speakuh...speakuh Spanish?" I responded in Spanish by telling her that I didn't speak English.

And

During my first visit to meet the inlaws we had planned to go out to my husband's parents vacation get-away. Now, you have to know my mother-in-law. She's a devout Christian, very quiet, and gets embarassed easily. She's from the North, and I'm from Texas--and all of my i's sound like o's. (I didn't know that until someone pointed it out to me).
Since we were all going, I was trying to pack lightly. I thought, well, if they have a Bible there, I'll just read out of that, and I won't have to pack mine.

So, I asked her, "Are there any Bibles there?"

She said, "What?"

So I said, "Do you have a Bible there?"

She looked at me so confused, and said, "What's a Bobble?" I was even more confused because she repeated it back to me in my accent.

After a moment of silence, "I said, You know - Jesus....Bible???"

She was so embarrassed. LOL

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

What sort do you have?

What kind do you like.

Do you have a favorite comedy show/movie/comedian????

:D
Wow, either I'm vain or I just inspired a thread. :cool:

Perhaps people saying "Perhaps you didn't hear me", goes over people's heads sometimes? I don't know?

Yes, a sense of humor is very important to me. I love slap stick and smart alecks. Don Rickels was my favorite! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH23UjMG5wQ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What sort do you have?

What kind do you like.

Do you have a favorite comedy show/movie/comedian????

:D

I'm dead serious, seriously.

The lemon filled kind, I enjoy the tartness.

themontypythongangsayspaintkicks.jpg

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
i do have a sense of humor

i like the off-hand, Brittish kind of humor as in the characters of Han Solo, Merry (LOTR), John Clese, and the crew from "Are you Being Served", and "Father Ted".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A sense of humor is very important to me. I consider myself very silly. A good example of how silly I can be was one time I was in a coffee shop with my friend We ended up having a conversation via two creamer containers on the table, complete with weird voices. Maybe I'm a little too silly sometimes, but I'd rather have a weird sense of humor than act like I was baptized in pickle juice the rest of my life. :)

Upvote 0
P

Peaceful Dove

A sense of humor is very important to me. I consider myself very silly. A good example of how silly I can be was one time I was in a coffee shop with my friend We ended up having a conversation via two creamer containers on the table, complete with weird voices. Maybe I'm a little too silly sometimes, but I'd rather have a weird sense of humor than act like I was baptized in pickle juice the rest of my life. :)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love it! That is my kind of humor.
I tend to embarrass my family. Wouldn't you think after this many years they would be use to me?:p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.