Missouri
✟8,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do not go out of my way to hurt anyone's feelings nor would I ever take a prank too far because that is unkind. Nor would I ever take offense if someone didn't like something I posted online. They can choose to unfollow the thread if it angers or insults them in any way or they can report the thread to staff and have a moderator remove it.

Upvote 0

.chrys.

Oct 23, 2006
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have those two fellas in the picture aged well in peoples opinions? I think the one on the right in the picture has aged slightly better.
I'm unable to judge. We only see a picture of their temporal bodies; not a glimpse into their lives. Aging well isn't about appearances, in my opinion--it's how one lives their life.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm unable to judge. We only see a picture of their temporal bodies; not a glimpse into their lives. Aging well isn't about appearances, in my opinion--it's how one lives their life.
the inward man is being renewed day by day

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mod Hat On

Thread has undergone a cleanup due to flaming/goading so if your post is gone that is the reason. I will remind everyone to treat each other with respect and not flame/goad each other. Address the post if you disagree with someone but not them personally.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

MatthewLynn

Jan 31, 2014
New Jersey
✟15,153.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I will be 45 next March but internally I feel around 25-Years old. That is not to say that I live a carefree life like I did when I was actually 25-- I have realized recently that things have really changed in my life and that I am not actually in my "prime".

Sometimes, for a moment, I feel as if I have the wisdom of an 80-Year old, but the childishness of a 17-Year old. Yes, it can be confusing at times; Humans are complex species.

Something in my soul (From God) tells me that I am going to embark on a new, exciting chapter in my life in the coming years. Not exciting in a wild way, but in a mature, positive, productive way. I pray so.

Upvote 0

Marc_Antony

Jul 17, 2015
Greater New York City Area
✟15,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will be 45 next March but internally I feel around 25-Years old. That is not to say that I live a carefree life like I did when I was actually 25-- I have realized recently that things have really changed in my life and that I am not actually in my "prime".

Sometimes, for a moment, I feel as if I have the wisdom of an 80-Year old, but the childishness of a 17-Year old. Yes, it can be confusing at times; Humans are complex species.

Something in my soul (From God) tells me that I am going to embark on a new, exciting chapter in my life in the coming years. Not exciting in a wild way, but in a mature, positive, productive way. I pray so.

*This above post was mistakenly made via an old account that I forgot I had here when logging in today.*

Dear Admin/Mod: Perhaps you can change the post in question for me to this account, Marc_Antony. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My sister n law will be turning 40 in October. She is so excited to be turning 40! I'm like, what????????
I just turned 40 in June and it's been hard for me. I feel blessed to have lived this many years but also I cry at the drop of a hat. I don't know. It's like in your 30's you are still called a kid. But once you turn 40, nope your over the hill and old, lol!

Reactions: GQ Chris
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sisbarn70

Feb 27, 2015
Missouri
✟8,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe it is life regrets that make us feel bad as we get older. I could of/should of done this or that when I was "younger". Maybe there are certain things you could have done better in your youth...but there are many things you wouldn't have been able to do as well too because you hadn't seen enough of life yet :)

Reactions: Just4Jesus
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I think it all depends... not only upon age itself, but it also depends on the differing opinions among those of roughly the same age as to what would be considered "old". Lifestyle and background could play a big role, too. Sometimes it's flat confusing. It's basically boils down to how we, as individuals, feel. I hope this makes sense.

The OP makes a good point: that a 20-year-old would believe that we in our 40s (and sometimes early 50s) are "old", while a 60 or 70 year old would say "just a baby". I am going on 42, so I am right smack in the middle. Elderly people, upon learning my age, tell me, "Oh, you're just a pup", or something like that. On the flipside, I recently placed an order at a restaurant and found on the receipt where I was automatically given a senior discount (but of course, the kid who took my order didn't appear to be any older than 19)! Also, I remember when I was about 19, and I used to hate it when people told me I looked 12. Throughout my 20s (and even into my early 30s), people continued to guess me as being a teenager. One time, when I was 31, a lady asked me what grade I was in! It really bugged me at the time, as I was clearly an adult and didn't want to be seen as a child. Now, I take it as a compliment when I'm told I look even 10 years younger than I am. It doesn't happen all that often, but when it does, I totally eat it up!

In conclusion, my basic perception of "middle age" is roughly between very late 30s to about 54-55. That's a big range, yes, but it seems as though the older part of one so-called "generation" can tend to "overlap" with the younger end of another (in terms of relating to one another, reminiscing about certain things, and so on.) It's very hard to explain what I mean. But the line is drawn in so many places when it comes to issues like this, and that's what makes it so confusing at times. Age, to me, is just a number anyway, so my philosophy is to enjoy whatever age you are, keeping as active as possible and realizing that it's never to late too follow our dreams.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
At 45, I am just really starting to feel like I am in my 30's lol. Don't look my age either, thank God! Also, I had a baby at 43- I haven't decided yet if that keeps me young or wears me out...or both!

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
However, I still have those nagging thoughts that just won't go away.
Forty is neither too old or too young -- just right (provided you have the right perspective on life and have acquired some wisdom along the way). Middle age is 60-80, and old age is 80-100.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eastcascade

Sep 14, 2015
✟7,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that I am still a young person. I would think that a middle aged person would no longer be young, like someone who is 50-60 years old. Am I young or middle aged? I have been so concerned about my age that I have wondered this for years. It doesn't help that a 60 year old would consider me young, yet a 20 year old would consider me old. I have obsessed less about my age because I have embraced it. However, I still have those nagging thoughts that just won't go away.
I am 43 and I am very blessed to be 43. I have had friends and family that didn't make it to 40 let alone 30. I praise God every morning that I have breath in my lungs and Him in my soul. So I whole-heartedly agree with the other posts that I have seen. You are as young as you want to be. Don't let society make you feel like you are 'old'. You are not! You are exactly the age the Lord wants you to be and you are at a great time in your life! So take heart and don't worry about your physical age. :)

Upvote 0

hischild2

Mar 27, 2008
✟15,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since the global average life expectancy is 71 according to WHO with some countries a little longer and some countries much shorter, I would say the 40`s is definitely middle aged.
However, Biblically speaking we should all strive to mature and grow. Age should be a sign of maturity and experience. It shouldn`t be something to fight, avoid, or be ashamed of. With age and experience we are more qualified as Christians to help the younger Christians. The men in the Bible that live a good Christian life are to be elders. Youngsters don`t qualify because the position needs maturity and experience. The older women are called to teach the younger women. If older women don`t step up to the plate and embrace their age and experience because they want to stay young, it is more likely there will be more child abuse and divorce among the truly younger women.

I`m in my 40`s and to be honest, my skin and hair don`t look like when I was in my 20`s, and my outlook on life has definitely matured since my 20`s. In my 20`s I was very naïve, gullible, and trusted everyone. These are nice, charming qualities in young people, but as we get older we should grow out of these childish qualities in order to be able to guide the younger people out of trouble because if our outlook remains stunted in youth, we can easily walk into trouble purely out of inexperience or gullibility. Somebody has to grow up, and God expects each of us to do that. It is a good thing to mature. I encourage you to embrace your middle age years and accept the inevitable old age years. These are each important and God ordained stages in our lives. If God makes it, it is good. It is good to be middle aged!

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0