South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that I am still a young person. I would think that a middle aged person would no longer be young, like someone who is 50-60 years old. Am I young or middle aged? I have been so concerned about my age that I have wondered this for years. It doesn't help that a 60 year old would consider me young, yet a 20 year old would consider me old. I have obsessed less about my age because I have embraced it. However, I still have those nagging thoughts that just won't go away.

Reactions: sweetsunday

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
11dd0ef8b2df3e619b78771cdf026eab.jpg

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2014
✟9,834.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you are young. Especially now that the life expectancy is in the hundreds. You have a long way to go, a lot you can do and a lot you can accomplish. What is so great about today is that technology is much better and we get to accomplish a lot more in a short period of time. Even getting a degree can be easier and faster. So, rock on!

Upvote 0

sisbarn70

Feb 27, 2015
Missouri
✟8,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you feel young? I'm turning 45 soon...I still fly kites, play pranks, and laugh as often as I can. I plan to stay this way now. Wish I hadn't taken myself so seriously when I was in my 30's...

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, but 40 is NOT young.:(
It may not be for you but for me 40 is quite young since I just turned 45.
I always stay young. When my sister turned 30 she was old and I was 20 so they said: You're still so young. That's the same thing every year. When she's 80 it's: oooh you're so young, you're only 70.
Lol but my kids call me an old woman hahahahaha.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No its not young... You probably have lost some of your astringency and have mellowed. It depends if you got a chance to let your hair down...

Life expectancy for most isn't "in the hundreds" generally either, another lie of our times that people too easily believe.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

.chrys.

Oct 23, 2006
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
91 is old. That's what my grandmother says. She thinks she can pass for 65 though. She says a good day is when you wake up and still feel in pain--that means you're not dead yet.
68 is "getting there". That's what my mother says. She doesn't think my 91 year old looks anything like 65 though.
45 is middle-aged. That's what I say. I feel like I'm still 23 "inside." I've started getting a senior discount sometimes when "they don't ask."
23 is not young. That's what my daughter says. She hates to be carded, but hates it even more when I am carded with her.
10 is young. That's what everyone says. My niece's back-flips can prove it.

I wouldn't worry too much about how old or young you are. Just remember to age well!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sisbarn70

Feb 27, 2015
Missouri
✟8,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That brings up an interesting point Messy. If we want to act old I guess we should... But if we want to act young I say enjoy the moment. Because that's really what its all about each moment. I sat with my teenaged daughter this afternoon laughing like a teen myself as she drank her pop rock slush. Every time she took a sip you could hear them crackling up the straw. I felt young for awhile today... And it was GOOD

Upvote 0