Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A rogue beaver struck terror into the heart of a man making his way home late at night in the Latvian city of Daugavpils, according to a local newspaper report picked up byLatvian Public Broadcasting. The man, identified only as Sergei, says the beaver ran out of some bushes and suddenly bit him. He fell over as he tried to fight the rodent off and was bitten again as he tried to get up. In what USA Today describes as a "Kafkian nightmare," Sergei phoned police as the beaver "held him hostage" and refused to let him get up, only to have his plea for help dismissed as a prank call.

http://www.newser.com/story/224036/irate-beaver-takes-man-hostage.html

Reactions: brinny

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The story sounds borderline comical, but they're mean animals during certain times of the year. I remember my grandpa use to have to go break up a beaver dam every year at the lake by our family cabin because they would block up the stream that fed the small lake. He use to take a little .22 plinking rifle with him "just in case" and showed me a scar where he'd been bitten years back by one of those things...it required stitches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was once kidnapped and held by a squirrel. Two long, nightmarish years. I can't talk about it right now...

Same here. But it was a large group of them. They lined up and each bit me and slapped me with their tails. As you can imagine, the bites hurt a lot more than the tail-slaps. (In fact the tails didn't hurt at all, just a fluffy brush across my face.)

I later learned that they weren't trying to hurt me, but we actually adopting me into their group; it was a ritual they used. I spent a year with them learning their ways; gathering nuts, playing road-tag with cars, looking adorable. I once went off on my own to practice my skills, but was chased out of a yard by a man who threatened to "call the police if you come here again, you ^%*@! weirdo!!" It took sometime for me to deprogram, to get my old identity back, but I will still eat an acorn now and then.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Same here. But it was a large group of them. They lined up and each bit me and slapped me with their tails. As you can imagine, the bites hurt a lot more than the tail-slaps. (In fact the tails didn't hurt at all, just a fluffy brush across my face.)

I later learned that they weren't trying to hurt me, but we actually adopting me into their group; it was a ritual they used. I spent a year with them learning their ways; gathering nuts, playing road-tag with cars, looking adorable. I once went off on my own to practice my skills, but was chased out of a yard by a man who threatened to "call the police if you come here again, you ^%*@! weirdo!!" It took sometime for me to deprogram, to get my old identity back, but I will still eat an acorn now and then.
Don't go going trans-species on us now.

Yeah my experience wasn't really that bad, it was just the waiting around. Squirrel was holding me for ransom, wanted 100 lbs. of chestnuts, but my family's kinda cheap so it required protracted negotiations. Turned out I was only worth a bag of peanuts and a couple fermented peaches (squirrel was an alcoholic).

Upvote 0