Iranian University Offers Course in Suicide Bombing 101

thumperton

Sep 4, 2005
✟1,131.00
Faith
Christian
As they gather in Tehran at Khajeh Nasir University, these students aren't studying the subtleties of history or science, they're learning about suicide bombings.

The students study videos showing suicide attacks around the Middle East and listen to lectures from a former Revolutionary Guard member who praises the use of suicide bombers.

"Their possible attacks to [nuclear facilities of Iran] will not certainly be a ground attack — that would be, a missile attack — but they should know that they have interests in some sensitive areas which can be targeted by our suicide attackers," said Muhammad Ali Samadi, one of the movement's leaders, speaking in Farsi.

Samadi claims to have trained 1,000 students already.

At the meeting over the weekend, more than 200 people gathered and 50 signed up.

"For example, if some day it's necessary to attend such operations, I will definitely do that," said university student Ahmed Salehi. "I will attack the one who have attacked us."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=1641344

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Arnold_Philips said:
Really. Is it that hard? These people paying for the course are being ripped off.

Maybe al-Qaeda is forcing them to do it? Part of their "plan" for their families and themselves after they do the deed? Hmm?

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I guess it's a little bit like studying the kamikaze phenomenon. I would think the university isn't giving how-to instructions. But I guess these days anything is possible for those that claim to have the academic right to freely express or teach about anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
simplicity said:
I guess it's a little bit like studying the kamikaze phenomenon. I would think the university isn't giving how-to instructions. But I guess these days anything is possible for those that claim to have the academic right to freely express or teach about anything.

They're recruiting, I suspect the how-to comes later down the road.

Upvote 0

Gil-Galad12

Nov 20, 2003
✟750.00
Faith
Christian
I think there will come a time when people will realize that self-destructive acts like suicide bombings and terrorism work well for short-term gains and intimidation, but in the long run their societies are horribly crippled.

If all of these intelligent, promising young college students keep dying for the futility of their jihad, who's to lead their countries to a better future?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LogicChristian

Aug 28, 2005
Saint Louis
✟19,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
Gil-Galad12 said:
If all of these intelligent, promising young college students keep dying for the futility of their jihad, who's to lead their countries to a better future?

The worst thing is that it is a repeating cycle, suicide bombers take attention away from reformers in the Middle East that want to change things for the better.

Upvote 0