Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
So I guess you do not consider it sincere?
God knows his own. :)

greenstars.gif
loveshower.gif
The gift of freedom, the power of God! Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
clap.gif

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Everyone in my church knows at least one convert from Islam to Christianity, and I have heard many a testimony from such people, not only Egyptians but also Tunisians, Algerians, Iraqis, and even a very nice Saudi gentleman (haven't met any Iranian converts yet, though it could be that some of the Iranians I knew were Christians and just didn't talk about it; Iranians in the diaspora tend to be pretty secular, it seems, or at least more so than in Iran, for obvious reasons). It does happen, though in the Middle East/North Africa proper (and even to some extent in the diaspora, depending on the situation of that particular community) they have to be very muted about it to prevent potential problems with the Muslim community. Though I can't speak for Germany, I would not be so quick as to dismiss any convert anywhere. Perhaps there are some who are insincere, but that is likewise true of non-converts, and in both cases their true feelings are known to God. It is better to accept the one who accepts the faith, and if they leave later, it is on them, and of course the doors of the church remain open should they decide to return.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
My country is currently panicking over accepting refugee children from Calais as "The Jungle" is being bulldozed to try and get rid of them. At first the number was 70, now it could be "hundreds".
The horror.

*Sigh*
:(

Oh no, sorry, "child migrants", not "refugees". "Refugee" is too politically charged, it almost makes people sympathetic...

• Agree
Reactions: MikeK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's pretty much the same with people here in the US as well. You should be happy they have the opportunity.

I am, but it will be tough for many to overcome past beliefs. "You can take the person out of Islam, but can you take Islam out of the person?"

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am, but it will be tough for many to overcome past beliefs. "You can take the person out of Islam, but can you take Islam out of the person?"
Can't the Lord convert anybody that is seeking Him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course. We must give them the benefit of the doubt.
Exactly. Only God knows the heart while we look at the outward appearance. Of course we will know a tree by it's fruit but upon conversion only the Lord knows.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exactly. Only God knows the heart while we look at the outward appearance. Of course we will know a tree by it's fruit but upon conversion only the Lord knows.

I watch those events with an eye to prophecy as well, so I might be a little skeptical.

"In the last days the king of the south (Islam) will push at him (the king of the north, Christian Europe)."

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I guess you do not consider it sincere?

Wait a darned second... Part of the justification used to turn away these refugees from entering the USA is that they don't and/or won't assimilate to our way of life. Isn't conversion part of assimilating? The conversions only prove that the idea that these Muslims will refuse to assimilate to our way of life is a false accusation.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wait a darned second... Part of the justification used to turn away these refugees from entering the USA is that they don't and/or won't assimilate to our way of life. Isn't conversion part of assimilating? The conversions only prove that the idea that these Muslims will refuse to assimilate to our way of life is a false accusation.

Those 'converts' might just be a 'Trojan horse'.

Upvote 0