BC
✟4,040.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
Could the coming Iran war (IMO, its going to happen) be the trigger for a world confrontation? We know that Russia and China both have interest in Iran, where we have seen Russia actually helping Iran with its nuclear ambitions. Israel, with one of the best modern arsenals in the world, is willing to jump at the chance to attack their arab neighbours in Iran. They just might do so without consent from anyone. Heck, they're the chosen people, right? Who do they have to answer to? (Not Jews, but Zionists)
If Israel starts firing on all cylinders, the countries surrounding them might feel its their best time to attack Israel and exact some revenge for past wars.
Syria, Lebannon, Jordan, Egypt...would they just stand by idly in a war of such ramifications? Doubtful.

My imagination is too much for me sometimes...so I'll stop at that.

Thoughts?

Praise2God

Sep 21, 2004
✟508.00
Faith
Christian
LucasGoltz said:
Could the coming Iran war (IMO, its going to happen) be the trigger for a world confrontation? We know that Russia and China both have interest in Iran, where we have seen Russia actually helping Iran with its nuclear ambitions. Israel, with one of the best modern arsenals in the world, is willing to jump at the chance to attack their arab neighbours in Iran. They just might do so without consent from anyone. Heck, they're the chosen people, right? Who do they have to answer to? (Not Jews, but Zionists)
If Israel starts firing on all cylinders, the countries surrounding them might feel its their best time to attack Israel and exact some revenge for past wars.
Syria, Lebannon, Jordan, Egypt...would they just stand by idly in a war of such ramifications? Doubtful.

My imagination is too much for me sometimes...so I'll stop at that.

Thoughts?
Israel bombed Iraq a couple of decades ago.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem I see with any invasion of Iran is this:

Hussein wasn't liked by his neighbors. They tolerated him. We were able to go in and remove him without much fussing by other countries in the ME.

Iran, on the other hand, is respected by it's neighbors. I think if we went in there, it would have the appearance (at least in the ME) as a crusade, or holy war, and we would have to face a unified Arab League.

Upvote 0
S

skeptic86

I don't think anyone would support the US on Iran. The UNSC would no doubt veto b/c as you stated, Russia (nuclear) and China (petroleum) have interests in Iran and the EU probably won't support us because they're looking for a peaceful solution. I doubt Russia, China or any of those MidEast countries will go so far as to confront the US in any major manner....but we probably shouldn't expect to get any cooperation from them with regard to terrorism if we decided to invade Iran.

Invading Iran would be stupid me thinks.

Upvote 0

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
BBQ Heaven: Texas, USA
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How interesting that Bible prophecy predicts a China-Russia-Iran alliance for the last days! Wow, that's all coming to pass for sure. We must be close to the Rapture!

As far as Iran, I'm divided. The neocon in me says that we need another terrorist attack to provide the excuse for war with Iran. I believe I ran across something the other day where Cheney said that if we DO have another terrorist attack, they WILL FOR SURE go after Iran.

But the problem I see is this. What troops will we use? We are already stretched too thin. Do we have the ability to open a 3rd front of the war?

Also, how in the world would Bush drum up support for this war? With the growing antiwar movement and declining support for Bush, how would he convince the populace? This is, of course, not factoring in the possibility of a terrorist attack on U.S. Soil.

I personally believe that IF we did have war with Iran, it would be very sudden. I remember after 9/11 that Congress voted to give the President the permission to go to war without consulting them first. This essentially makes Bush a dictator. He is now free to attack any country he wants to without permission from Congress. Bad move on Congress' part IMO. In the wrong hands, which it is, this could be dangerous. Anyhow, since Bush would have an impossible time convincing the public of the need to go to war, and since he lied about it the first go-round, I am thinking we'd wake up one day and find out we are now at war with Iran.

Just my Humble Opinion.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
LucasGoltz said:
Could the coming Iran war (IMO, its going to happen) be the trigger for a world confrontation? We know that Russia and China both have interest in Iran, where we have seen Russia actually helping Iran with its nuclear ambitions.

Thoughts?
Actually, you are right in saying we have to worry about Russia and China, but not for the same reason. Basically we have to worry primarily about Iran and North Korea, both of which are intent on securing nuclear weapons. Russia might decide in the worst case scenario to come to the aid of Iran, and China might decide to come to the aid of NK if we attack.

Either way, the battle of Ar Mageddon is coming folks. The Good News is, the evildoers to the east of the Euphrates will loose.

Praying for our troops and stocking up on can goods and beverages,

Barry

Upvote 0

bostonlass

sweet caroline ;)
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟6,873.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
SackLunch said:
As far as Iran, I'm divided. The neocon in me says that we need another terrorist attack to provide the excuse for war with Iran. I believe I ran across something the other day where Cheney said that if we DO have another terrorist attack, they WILL FOR SURE go after Iran.

But what if Iran didn't sponsor the terror attack? That makes no sense to me.:scratch:

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
skeptic86 said:
I highly doubt that US invading Iran will result in an escalation to WW3. MAD pretty much assures that China/Russia and the US will be reluctant to get into any sort of direct conflict with each other. Furthermore, its highly doubtful that we'll invade Iran in the first place...
Actually it seems increasingly evident that we have to attack both Iran and N. Korea. Iran recently removed UN seals form their nuke facities, and resumed their research, thumbing their nose at the UN and the US. We cannot stand by and do nothing.
It is much the same in NK. Diplomacy has not worked. Military action is the only thing these 2 nations understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sidiousmax225

Jul 14, 2005
✟1,216.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
interpreter said:
Actually it seems increasingly evident that we have to attack both Iran and N. Korea. Iran recently removed UN seals form their nuke facities, and resumed their research, thumbing their nose at the UN and the US. We cannot stand by and do nothing.
It is much the same in NK. Diplomacy has not worked. Military action is the only thing these 2 nations understand.

I can't believe that you think that this is a good idea. Attack BOTH of them?

Upvote 0

lucid42day

where do I go when the land touches sea
Apr 1, 2004
We'll stumble through the APT.
✟9,766.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
interpreter said:
It is much the same in NK.
There's a splinter in your eye and it reads 'react.' R-E-A-C-T.

Please find my harborcoat. Can't go outside without it.

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
interpreter said:
China might decide to come to the aid of NK if we attack.

But, why? Why does China want to preserve a starving, impoverished nuclear-owning country with a madman leader? China would be better off without having to worry about who NK is going to get them into a war with. And the USA would be better off if NK were part of China.

So, I suspect that if hostilities did erupt between the USA and NK, China would send troops into NK in order to "stabilize the region", and the USA protest feebly (in order to mollify South Korea) but would end up declaring victory because of getting rid of Kim Jong-Il. Everybody wins.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
TheBear said:
I remember Iran being on the list of Bush's 'Axis of Evil'. North Korea too. Looks like he's going down the list, one by one.

If he attacks Iran, it'll be the last thing he can do on his list, unless the people elect a Republican or Democrat like him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Harpuia said:
If he attacks Iran, it'll be the last thing he can do on his list, unless the people elect a Republican or Democrat like him.

I'm glad I've become so popular with you, Harpuia. :D

This is what, the 2nd or 3rd different thread where you replied to my posts personally and in rapid succession? :D

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
TheBear said:
I'm glad I've become so popular with you, Harpuia. :D

This is what, the 2nd or 3rd different thread where you replied to my posts personally and in rapid succession? :D

I... guess I'm in a post-happy mood today.

Upvote 0