✟8,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Osel said:
Open dialogue about the holocaust, or any atrocity for that matter, is healthy.

That it is, however given the location of this confrence I consider the likelyhood of there being any kind of open dialogue to be slim and none. Openly anti-semetic diatribes on the other hand, I exspect them in droves.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Rochir said:
I wonder how they will interpret the carcasses in the ovens, the mountains of skeletons in the camps, the even higher mountains of glasses, gold teeth, hair ect.

If I had to guess...."Well done, good and faithful servant."

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I read the link and its so painfully obvious that this "conference" is not one of discussing the true holocaust but to rewrite their version of "truth" to justify their desire to to further foment hate and the destruction Isreal. Its a sham.

The idea that tells me this is a attempt to rewrite history to an Iranian revision is to see who is wanting this conference and then to consider the source (and the past of this sourse). Rewrite a different version of what they want the muslim world to see is their "truth". present it on their tv and newspapers to the masses and then rally support from same via the clerics who will preach this new "truth" for destruction of Isreal and anyone else not liked by them. To me it is clear as day.

Iran has decided to rewrite and revise the history of the Holocaust. Following the repeated declarations by the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and other senior government officials on the need to re-examine the history of the genocide of the Jews during the Second World War, the association of Islamic Journalists of Iran has been tasked with quickly putting together an international conference on the Holocaust. .........

"We want to offer a free and democratic platform to the historians to examine in-depth this myth, seeing that in different European countries there exist laws against democracy and freedom that to do not allow intellectuals who believe in a version distinct from that which is officially pronounced on the Holocaust," added Afzali.

excerpts from the article. the 2 excerpts sais it all as to the purpose - its not to find truth but to rewrite history for their political proganda.

but of course, this is only my opinion.

Reactions: Talmidah
Upvote 0

mojaveman

Jan 5, 2006
✟189.00
Faith
Mormon
Politics
US-Republican
Osel said:
Open dialogue about the holocaust, or any atrocity for that matter, is healthy.
So if I go over to Tehran and stand up saying: I humbly beleive that the evidence does show the Nazi's gassed and burned six million Jews, plus Christians, homosexuals, cripples, the mentally ill and infermed, et al let me show you the slide shows.

I believe they would hang me from the nearest tree, draw and quarter me, then burn what was left. So much for free speech in Iran:eek: :doh:

Reactions: Talmidah
Upvote 0
A

applepowerpc

I believe they would hang me from the nearest tree, draw and quarter me, then burn what was left. So much for free speech in Iran

It's not like we have any moral high ground here. Try denying the Holocaust anywhere in the U.S. or Europe and see what happens. Here's Iran's so-called "crazy president" (now that we're done calling Sadaam crazy I guess now we can turn our attention to the next Mideast country to topple...) addressing the Holocaust, and people are talking about invading or even nuking the country. If we're going to talking about "stifled" free speech in Tehran, well that cuts both ways.

Upvote 0