Visit site
✟47,395.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I just found out the film festival in my city is showing 'Into Great Silence' (Die Grosse Stille)! I've been waiting so long for it to come out here! I'll probably have to miss an RCIA to see it, but its my only chance coz I have a lecture at the same time as the second screening. Has anyone seen it? What did you think of it and does anyone know if it will be brought out on DVD. Thanks, Ben

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What's it about?? I never heard of it..

From the description of the film:

The Grande Chartreuse, the mother house of the legendary Carthusian Order, is based in the French Alps. “Into Great Silence” will be the first film ever about life inside the Grande Chartreuse.

Silence. Repitition. Rhythm. The film is an austere, next to silent meditation on monastic life in a very pure form. No music except the chants in the monastery, no interviews, no commentaries, no extra material.

Changing of time, seasons, and the ever repeated elements of the day, of the prayer. A film to become a monastery, rather than depict one. A film about awareness, absolute presence, and the life of men who devoted their lifetimes to God in the purest form. Contemplation.
An object in time.

And all reports are that it is very well done.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.