Not open for further replies.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I had an Interview last week for a Bio Tech Company and I interviewed with 4 different individuals and they all seemed to like me. The 4'th person was the manager and he stated he just wanted to say hello and that he received some initial good reports.

This Manger e-mailed me and states that he wants to call me this week and speak to me for a few minutes. Does this sound positive ? :crossrc:

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had an Interview last week for a Bio Tech Company and I interviewed with 4 different individuals and they all seemed to like me. The 4'th person was the manager and he stated he just wanted to say hello and that he received some initial good reports.

This Manger e-mailed me and states that he wants to call me this week and speak to me for a few minutes. Does this sound positive ? :crossrc:

He's going to do one of two things:

1) Feel you out for your salary requirements

or

2) Just flat make you an offer.

Be sure you know what your worth, ask for 24 hours to consider the offer.

Always counter this is the only time you have the upper hand in salary talks.

good luck

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
He's going to do one of two things:

1) Feel you out for your salary requirements

or

2) Just flat make you an offer.

Be sure you know what your worth, ask for 24 hours to consider the offer.

Always counter this is the only time you have the upper hand in salary talks.

good luck

Well being that the economy is tanking and my last job was outsourced to Nova Scotia and that this is a second career, I think my leverage is about Zilch. :D

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Oh and I forgot the story behind this interview, I knew that the powers and principalities of the air were against me.

I had to take the subway to this interview, since it was in the Bio tech are of Cambridge right next to Boston. parking would have cost over $30.00.

So I get on the subway and it is raining cats and dogs, from the remnants of one of the hurricanes. My umbrella was turned inside out and actually cut my hand and I was bleeding and trying not to stain my shirt and tie.

I then could not find the freaking building , because they failed to mention that , though the address is on lets say 2nd St., the entrance is on 3rd. I finally acquiesce and asked the security concierge in one of the buildings.

By this time I looked like a sewer Rat and completely disheveled from the rain and wind. Inside I found a coffee shop and luckily had time to have a coffee and make myself look somewhat presentable in the mens room. I almost went home, but managed to gut it out.

Then I was taken back that the interview went so well, and the people seemed nice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Good for you, gave your-self plenty of time to make certain you were not late under difficult circumstances.

No manager is going to waste his time to have someone come in for bad news- that is what rejection letters and secretaries are for.

Good luck. Also, I would not take the advice of asking for more time to make a decision. Get an industry level figure set and if they offer less ask for 5% above industry standard- if they offer you more, ask for 10% above whatever they offer. Unless of course they do not negotiate on hire pay- in which case they told you that during your interviews.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
So I get the call today from the manager, he asked me a series of situational questions and I had to answer them. They were more designed to illicit a response in regards to how I would fit in with the team.

He commented several times , with answers like "exactly" At the end, he stated that I could expect to hear from HR shortly.

So I am still unclear and the position is up in the air.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.