• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Insults

anonym00s

Sep 26, 2011
✟8,254.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can I not let insults or rejection from the past cause suicidality?

Insults and rejection do not cause suicide, people make a voluntary choice to do that.

You don't let insults and rejection harm you by rejecting them if they are lies and believing the truth instead.

Upvote 0

botham

Nov 21, 2012
Canada
✟7,623.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
First, if you have BPD, as I do, remember that your tendency is to exaggerate the past negative experiences. On that basis, ask the Holy Spirit, in the Name of Jesus Christ, to enter your thinking. Invite Him as you would your most trusted friend, because He is only good, only love, and only on your side. Ask Him to protect you from any enemy tactics that would be formed against you. Then relax as best you can in the Truth.
If you get brave enough to think a little deeper, then remember that Jesus Christ died for ALL your sins, not just some of them. So if you did something that you are ashamed of, remember that I, as one of your human friends probably did the same thing only worse, and that Jesus Christ paid the price for it on the Cross. God knows all about your BPD and He is ready to support you forever. I will personally pray that your thoughts of suicide will diminish until it is no longer an important issue, but a fleeting thought, easily given over to God as you improve day by day in your Christian journey. God bless you my friend in Christ. Botham

Upvote 0