Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inspector Javert of Les Miserables: No quarter asked or given...

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I first saw Les Miserables when I was in middle school, I think, and I was on the edge of my seat from the opening number. But the moment that transfixed me was Javert’s joyous “Stars.” I was in love.

There was nothing I wanted so much as to be like that man, ramrod-straight, inviolate, and wholly consecrated to duty. In fact, when informed of my conversion, one friend, initially puzzled, said, “Well, I guess you’ve always been a bit of an absolutist.” But my Javertian tendencies are as incompatible with Christianity as Javert is with the world of Jean Valjean, so I thought the release of the film might be a nice time for some meditations on the Inspector.

Continued- Javert: No Quarter Asked or Given

2. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic