France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This is not an advice or anything, only my recent discovering of insomnia :) Insomnia is the reason I do 2/3hours of sport by week, when I usually am not fond of it or I don't have enough time. But if I don't burn myself while doing sport, I simply won't sleep and lose even more time, as I would be exhausted the next morning. At the beginning of September, I was mentally exhausted and very stressed but could not sleep because my body needed no rest.
I now drink a kind of tea called "calm night" before going to bed, it is even better, even if for me sport was the key (I cannot realize I am telling so nice things about sport...)

I truly hope you will manage to properly rest too...

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm a hybrid of a night owl and a morning lark. My perpetual struggle with insomnia is why I'm posting this when it's nearly four in the morning. Mine is primarily due to medicine I take for endocrine diseases; it can be difficult to calibrate the precise dose needed according to daily activity and stress levels. Taking too little is problematic, and taking too much can make me feel like a four-year-old on a sugar rush. It also can cause excruciating and sudden stomach pains, like being stabbed in the stomach. I've dealt with this since I was ten, and have tried various strategies and medications, some of which actually do work, but not consistently. I've tried various prescription medications, but what works best for me with the least side effects is Unisom, which is available OTC.

Mainly I've tried to find ways to cope with it. The majority of my posts here are written either after midnight or when I'm in the car stuck in traffic (when I'm not driving). I also get things finished, read, and write poems. I've made two threads here with my poems, most of which were written due to insomnia.
http://www.christianforums.com/threads/poems-lyrics.7854493/
http://www.christianforums.com/threads/does-anyone-here-write-poems-or-songs.7912038/page-2

I hope everyone struggling with insomnia can get some rejuvenating sleep, and have sweet dreams. :)

Upvote 0