Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Right who loves ink *tattoos ? How many you got ?

Am getting my semi colon done this week....

For anyone who doesn't know about the semi colon thing

The SemiColon Project was set up in 2013 and is dedicated to supporting people dealing with depression, anxiety and other mental health issues. It promotes the discussion around mental health for both those that suffer and amongst their family and friends.

Its message is simple:

A semicolon represents a sentence the author could have ended, but chose not to. That author is you and the sentence is your life.

For those that have a semicolon tattoo it is a symbol of hope.

The Semicolon Project website states:

By writing a semicolon on your wrist, you are making a promise to yourself that it is ok to reach out and seek for help… stand up for you or anyone you know who has depression, anxiety, has self harmed or has contemplated suicide and help our peers, our friends and our family know that we speak up for them and that we stand up against Mental Health and the stigma that’s attached to it.

Am going to get :

L;ving my l;fe as I am a warr;or

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh wow, I did not know about the Semicolon Project! How lovely, a message to those who know without being too obvious to those who don't. What a lovely new addition to your body art!

I think tattoos (can be) absolutely beautiful, a friend is heavily tattooed and I'm always admiring the beautiful works of her preferred tattooist. She has this gorgeous thigh piece that she keeps adding to, full of everything she feels represents her passion; wreck diving.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to stop admiring and get my own pieces, but I'm a little bit worried I'd use it as an alternative to my bad habit. I'm not quite there enough to contemplate anything which may give me the same buzz as that just yet.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Oh wow, I did not know about the Semicolon Project! How lovely, a message to those who know without being too obvious to those who don't. What a lovely new addition to your body art!

I think tattoos (can be) absolutely beautiful, a friend is heavily tattooed and I'm always admiring the beautiful works of her preferred tattooist. She has this gorgeous thigh piece that she keeps adding to, full of everything she feels represents her passion; wreck diving.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to stop admiring and get my own pieces, but I'm a little bit worried I'd use it as an alternative to my bad habit. I'm not quite there enough to contemplate anything which may give me the same buzz as that just yet.
What is your bad habit?

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I have been thinking about getting a semicolon tattoo lately, since hearing of the project.

I have one other tattoo, of Tinker Bell. I am considering getting more fantasy styled ones in the future.
Yeah I want iron man, joker and wolverine done too [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I have been thinking about getting a dragon on my back for a long time, but my money is needed elsewhere for a while.
Yeah that's what been stopping me. But I have money for my birthday and I really want my semi colon done.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah that's what been stopping me. But I have money for my birthday and I really want my semi colon done.

I hope you are able to. I might get one on my shoulder. I can't have a wrist tattoo at my job, but if I can hide it, then it's no problem.

Upvote 0

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What is your bad habit?

Self harm :sorry:. A completely different sensation, but a few friends have mentioned how they essentially replaced one pain method with a more socially acceptable version, which makes me a little nervous while I'm still learning how to cope without it.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I hope you are able to. I might get one on my shoulder. I can't have a wrist tattoo at my job, but if I can hide it, then it's no problem.
I seen the semi colon on all parts of the body.

I have wrist tattoo no one actually notices it lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Self harm :sorry:. A completely different sensation, but a few friends have mentioned how they essentially replaced one pain method with a more socially acceptable version, which makes me a little nervous while I'm still learning how to cope without it.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with that. It's not an easy problem to deal with.

I seen the semi colon on all parts of the body.

I have wrist tattoo no one actually notices it lol

I was also considering my ribs, because it would mean more to me personally there.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Yes I can get that. We had a self harmer in our unit and through art she drew butterflies rather than self harm she actually got butterflies up her arm.

I actually don't find ink sore at all it was itchy too me and I suspect it depends on your view on pain etc...

Reactions: MiniEmu
Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
With me being a person who thinks outside the box I must say up front that getting a semicolon would limit you for life. It puts you in a place of never forgetting a bad time in your life and you will always be reminded of it no matter how much you have out grown it. To me it would be like getting the letter A tattooed on you since in the first grade you learned what it was. Now since you know all the letters it is not so great to have it hu?

I myself was more into fire, skulls and nude women. I do have full sleeves but hope to someday get some covered up with Christian images. When I was 18 or 20 I thought this stuff was cool. Now that I am in my late 40's I realize that I was one dumb butt that never thought he would see past 30.

Here are a few of mine. Mine are mostly old Spualding & Rogers tattoo flash so it is hard to find as I am guessing it is not around as much as it use to be.

The cat in the top right corner I have covering up an old one I did not like.
Flash_PicutreMachine11sweb.jpg

I can not believe how hard it is to find what I have as I thought they use to be kind of common. This is not mine but it is a lot like mine but instead of flowers mine is flames.
orignal-skull-dagger-tattoo.jpg

Once again I cannot find mine but kind of like this just a different hat. I also have a naked blond wrapped up in a rebel flag. Not my favorite but its what I have.
Rebel_Skull_large.jpg

The rest are a wolf, a skull and crossbones with wings. some barbed wire, a Faster [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Cat and on my ankle it states "Too Fast for Love".

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
With me being a person who thinks outside the box I must say up front that getting a semicolon would limit you for life. It puts you in a place of never forgetting a bad time in your life and you will always be reminded of it no matter how much you have out grown it. To me it would be like getting the letter A tattooed on you since in the first grade you learned what it was. Now since you know all the letters it is not so great to have it hu?

But the semi colon is part of me it's not something you can forget or grow out of it becomes a part of who you are and the strengths inside me to actually still be here breathing. Its a reminder to me that not matter what happens in my life I am a warrior if I can choose to not put a full stop in my life then, but continue on then nothing can stop me. I've actually been looking for something to put into ink on what I came through, the fires of hell itself... I will never forget it I embraced it ;)

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't have any ink but I've wanted to get a tattoo for the last 10 years. If I ever did finally get around to getting one I would want it to be something like this...
4c4828710ae81bb7a3869f92e2b1b98f.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
And its faith based too

"When the foundation of this project was created those involved reflected on what got them to where they are today. The answer was clear that it was the love of Christ. As we set forth in the project, we committed to loving with a Christ-like love those who are struggling. We inspire others through the very thing that brought us to continuance in our own stories. This by no means excludes any other beliefs or religions, as we accept them all. For we are all in this together. I ask you stick around with us for this journey. We might surprise you in the end with the outcome."

Amy Bleuel
Founder & President

some people have been putting their fave bible verses for example 3;11

; is about not letting your story end.

Upvote 0