Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said let the little children come to Him, but He didn't say baptize them, and He didn't baptize them. He blessed them instead. And He said of such is the kingdom of God. He clearly included them in His kingdom without baptism.

About your last statement: This is the stated requirement all through the NT.

you are correct, because Pentecost had not yet happened. the Spirit was not poured out on all flesh, and there was not glorified Body yet for the baptized to put on.

and as for your last comment, that is only if you assume that when households were baptized that did not include children

Upvote 0
C

CelticRebel

you are correct, because Pentecost had not yet happened. the Spirit was not poured out on all flesh, and there was not glorified Body yet for the baptized to put on.

and as for your last comment, that is only if you assume that when households were baptized that did not include children

ArmyMatt, I want to thank you for all your kind, civil, and helpful responses to me. I have greatly enjoyed and benefited from our discussions.

Godspeed!

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
CelticRebel - I'll PM you the information I promised about the baptism of Jesus and the Holy Spirit...I have been crazy busy this week and haven't been able to put it together yet, but I will send it your way. I'll probably post it here too, in case anyone else is interested.

Upvote 0