Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Indentifying the Beast
There has been some contention on here as to who the beast of revelation 13 is. I will show that by just one of the attributes of this beast, that we can know who or what it is. God would not leave His people ignorant on this important point…

Rev 13:1,5,6

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Now that we know that the beast power speaks blasphemies, we need to identify what the bible says that blasphemy is...

John 10:33
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Mark 2:7
Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

This clearly shows that claiming to be God and to forgive sins is considered blasphemy… now we need to look and see what world wide power has enshrined these traits into their structure.

Last edited:

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Claiming to be God…

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth."
Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous"

"The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth...by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth." Quoted in the New York Catechism.

These words are written in the Roman Canon Law 1685: "To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical."

Father A. Pereira says: "It is quite certain that Popes have never approved or rejected this title 'Lord God the Pope,' for the passage in the gloss referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome in 1580 by Gregory XIII."

Writers on the Canon Law say, "The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in heaven and earth."
Barclay Cap. XXVII, p. 218. Cities Petrus Bertrandus, Pius V. - Cardinal Cusa supports his statement.

Pope Nicholas I declared: "the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who, being God, cannot be judged by man."
Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can. 7, Satis evidentur, Decret Gratian Primer Para

"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh."
Catholic National, July 1895

"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty"
Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894

Claiming to be able to forgive sins…

"Don't go to God for forgiveness of sins, come to me." -Pope John Paul II, LA Times, 12-12-1984

"And God himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priest and either not to pardon or to pardon, according as they refuse to give absolution, provided the penitent is capable of it." -Liguori, «Duties and Dignities of the Priest», p.27
"This judicial authority will even include the power to forgive sin." [The Catholic Encyclopaedia Vol xii, article ‘Pope’ pg 265]

"the poor sinner kneels at his confessor's feet. He KNOWS he is not speaking to an ordinary man but to 'ANOTHER CHRIST,' He hears the words: 'I absolve thy sins..." and the HIDEOUS LOAD OF SINS DROPS FROM HIS SOUL FOREVER." -William Doyle "Shall I be a priest" pp 14, 15

It is obvious to those with eyes to see and ears to hear, just who the beast power of revelation is… there are many more proofs in the bible identifying the papacy but only this one is needed to make the point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry for the formatting mess of the above two posts... satan has been working his scorcery to prevent me from posting this... not being able to correct these formatting errors is further to his efforts to confuse.

I will try and clean it up at a later time...

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

Your identification of the beast is about as good as my identification of my mother in law as the beast! She’s really mean to me so at the very least she has to be Babylon because she has a red dress in her closet and wears gold jewelry and loves to get drunk! I knew there was something wrong with that woman, I just knew it. Do you see how ridiculous that is? That’s how ridiculous your church’s identification of the beast is. It’s not just bad and unbiblical but it teeters on the edge of moronic. The bible has already identified the beast and this identification was given to us 2000 years ago. In Revelation 17 one of the seven angels says to John I will tell you the mystery of the woman and the beast that carries her. He identifies the woman and the beast and even the seven heads and ten horns so there is no mystery or fanciful interpretation.

The angel says that the beast which you saw was and is not and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go into perdition. So our first clue is that the beast will ascend out of the bottomless pit so if we go over to chapter 9 which talks about the bottomless pit being opened we discover there is a king who ascends out of the pit. This king is called Abaddon or Apollyon which means the destroyer and is said to be the angel of the bottomless pit Rev. 9:11. This is our second clue - the beast is an angel. Now if we go to chapter 20 we read that the devil or the dragon or Satan is cast back into the bottomless pit and bound for a thousand years implying that he was released prior to this. Do you see how easy that was? All we had to do was connect the dots. The beast ascends out of the bottomless pit and that beast is an angel and finally that same angel or Satan is returned to the bottomless pit. No fanciful interpretation is required.

Satan is the baddest kid on the block not the pope. The pope is just a puppet and can only do what his master tells him to. Satan loves when people talk about the Catholic church or Islam because then they will be unprepared for his coming at the end of time. Satan is the one who is coming to town and when he gets here the party is going to be over. He will not come as some mean old dragon because no one would be fooled by that. He will come as the lamb or Jesus Christ and the whole world will be fooled by that! He will be the strong delusion that God will send that they all might be damned who believed not the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness 2 Thess. 2:11,12. All the prophecies in Daniel and Revelation are talking about this not the Catholic church. The removal of the daily by the little horn is all tied into this. Satan will usurp the high priestly role of Christ in the heavenly sanctuary and get the world to believe that Jesus has come to earth to begin his one thousand year reign on the throne of David in Jerusalem. This will begin the 1290 day prophecy that will culminate in the abomination of desolation.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You nicely avoided talking about the fact that Rev 13 says three times that the beast speaks blasphemies... the Bible only gives us two examples of blasphemy. Each one is directly attributed to the Vatican... can you show me where this is biblically unsound... please show us another entity that claims to be God AND claims the ability to forgive sins.

Using distracting verbiage about your MIL only shows your avoidance of the post, not you grasp of the subject..

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting that you agree with sister White that satan will come as an angel of light to impersonate Christ... at least you got that part right.

Do you not think it arrogant that you suppose that no one but yourself understands that satan is behind ALL evil, ALL opposition to Christ and His people. We are not talking about the puppet master but identifying the puppets.

Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry for the formatting mess of the above two posts... satan has been working his scorcery to prevent me from posting this... not being able to correct these formatting errors is further to his efforts to confuse.

I will try and clean it up at a later time...

I don't really think the devil had anything to do with you having difficulties posting/editing... I think there's a perfectly rational and technical explanation for this. ;) I also have problems editing posts, but using Chrome instead of Firefox usually helps!

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

We are not talking about the puppet master but identifying the puppets.

Satan is the beast and one of the seven heads. The other six heads, ten horns and woman who rides on top are not him. The six heads are six other angels who will come and impersonate famous religious figures. Jesus said that false Christs and false prophets would arise and show great signs and wonders that if it were possible they would deceive even the elect (Matt. 24:24) so Satan won’t be the only one doing that. He will be the false Christ and his other angels will be the false prophets. I’m sure that Mary will make an appearance and Elijah and Muhammad and for anyone wondering how Islam will fit into the end-time this is how. If an angel masquerading as Muhammad showed up speaking a perfect Arabic dialect I am pretty sure that all the Muslims would do anything that he said. All the false gods that people have worshipped for millennia are going to make a personal appearance in the last days.

It is quite possible that the little horn power does represent the final pope who will be alive at the end. The horns are the human kings and the pope is the most influential religious figure in our time. He will command the world to worship the false Christ or Satan and give all his power and strength to the beast. I see the little horn and the man of sin as the same person. The man of sin is destroyed at the 2nd coming so this isn’t Satan who is bound for a thousand years at the 2nd coming. And just because I agree with you in this one area does not mean that I share your prophetic beliefs in any way. The little horn is an end-time king not a persecuting papal power that reigned thru the dark ages. The reign of the little horn will be for three and a half years not 1260 years. The little horn and the final king of the north and man of sin are all the same person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
yes, identifying the beast will probably be important - but what if there is gonna be some devilish trickery involved that will make all people wear a symbol on the hands and their foreheads? :) which will not directly link to the sabbath? is that even possible?

No, if you read the passages dealing with the mark it is in relation to worship. We are given the type in the story of the three worthies and the statue on the plains of Dura. It is to willfully submit and worship an idol of true worship.... sunday vs Sabbath.

Upvote 0

brixken7

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona
✟15,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Interesting that you agree with sister White that satan will come as an angel of light to impersonate Christ... at least you got that part right.

Do you not think it arrogant that you suppose that no one but yourself understands that satan is behind ALL evil, ALL opposition to Christ and His people. We are not talking about the puppet master but identifying the puppets.

As I see it, one of the main problems "sister White" had was that she never understood God's total supremacy over Satan. Hence, her writing "The Great Controversy."

Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As I see it, one of the main problems "sister White" had was that she never understood God's total supremacy over Satan. Hence, her writing "The Great Controversy."

God is surely stronger than the devil and if we place ourselves under the protection of God we don't need to fear the devil. However, the devil is a real and cunning adversary, and if we don't keep close to God the devil will overpower us:

“Be sober and alert. Your enemy the devil, like a roaring lion, is on the prowl looking for someone to devour.”
- 1 Peter 5:8

Paul also testifies that the devil is permitted to manipulate the ungodly, (see Ephesians 2:2), and that we as God's children have a struggle against a spiritual, unseen foe:

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.”

- Ephesians 6:12

All in all I think the “Great Controversy” motif is biblically solid and intellectually satisfying.

Upvote 0