Wagonmaker

Nov 14, 2012
Texas
✟15,351.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If it bothers you, he should have been more in-tune with your wishes and feelings. Just my opinion.

Your opinion is the best answer, in my opinion. The fact that we are discussing a wife's concern here means that the husband probably shouldn't have driven her home in this case.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your opinion is the best answer, in my opinion. The fact that we are discussing a wife's concern here means that the husband probably shouldn't have driven her home in this case.
Some things may be completely innocent. But why invite temptation? I've seen too many broken homes in the Christian community.

Upvote 0

Shinycrown

Nov 2, 2012
Abeokuta,Ogun State, Nigeria
Visit site
✟7,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Professional Marriage counselor will always advice couples to do things together.If you are not comfortable with your spouse action, kindly tell him with a tune of love that you will always want to be in their company as well.Please, do not handle the issue with harsh tune.God with you.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hello:)

In 1 Thessalonians 5:22 the bible says to avoid even the appearance of evil. No matter if something is innocent and pure, if it can be seen as something inappropriate then it should not be done.

IMO this is a safety mechanism to avoid allegations and gossip. Just as desmalia said.

Mud sticks. There are some allegations that will hang over your heard for a long time, even if found to be untrue.

Amen:)

This is pretty much along the lines of how I grew up. If you didn't give the gossips anything to talk about, they couldn't gossip.

My husband routinely teaches adult bible classes and sometimes the only pupil he has is a woman. Sometimes because of how our schedules work, he has to have the class in the house rather than church. When this happens, he always alerts one of the elders so that there is someone else aware of the situation. While I am not 100% comfortable with it (because while I trust my husband with my entire soul, I don't necessarily trust other people) I am pleased that he takes the steps that he does.

It stinks that we would have to worry about a pastor being accused of anything with a parishioner to be, but yet, here we are...

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It's not appropriate. Paul let's us know about appropriate behavior in Romans 14

Ro 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Ro 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

So we will be held accountable for what we do or say and will give account of that to God. Not to judge one another and not to put a stumbling block or an occsion to fall in the way. Yeah, he's saying toward another brother...but if another brother would fall wouldn't the ones who is leaving the stumbling block?
Then he goes on to speak about eating certain meats. But verse 16 is very important

Ro 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

Yeah, you may be doing something good. But if someone else sees you and then it becomes a stumbling block for that person...you are in the wrong.

So, yeah its unappropriate. Remember our enemy Satan is out seeking to destroy us and he will use whatever means necessary to plant division amongst us and especially marriages. So we can't give him any ammunition to use against us.

Upvote 0