Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are you talking about the acquisition of epignosis (full knowledge) through faith in Jesus Christ?[VERSE=Ephesians 4:13,KJV]Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:[/VERSE]

I guess. Each of God's child might have that "full" knowledge if he/she wants to have. Of course, from an observer, the degree of "full" may be very different. But, it would be a full for the person.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't you get it? With the Muslims we are the majority so how can evolutionist not go along with the majority.
Methinks they pick and choose what they want to hear.

Either that, or they're too busy venting and ridiculing to make an effort to understand.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
This exactly demonstrates the function of this superb Guide.

I wonder if you would say the same thing of a GPS, if people all ended up in different places when typing in the same address...

It guides every faithful person to pursuit his own special knowledge

His "own special knowledge"?
Seriously?

Tell me if you know any better kind of guide in the world of knowledge.

Science

One Guidebook, for any level of knowledge, any disciplines of knowledge, and for people of any age and personality.

Why must it be a book? Why can't it be a principle or an idea?

In any case, clearly the bible fails as a guide, since it guided the lot of you to contradicting places.

Don't stick on this point, it is getting bored.

That's it... run... run like Gump.

Reactions: crjmurray
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It means you need something better than science to give you "better" knowledge.
For example, read the Bible WILL make you write better genetic algorithm. It is not just better, it would be revolutionarily better.

This has got to be one of the most random nonsensical comments I have seen you write down since I've been on this forum.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't you get it? With the Muslims we are the majority so how can evolutionist not go along with the majority.

Actually, you aren't.
You and muslims are in the exact same boat.
Your claims are indistinguishable from one another.

If you wish to put christians in one camp and muslims in another camp because they believe different things, then you can't stop there. Then you also need to subdivide further into all the different denominations. Since you don't believe the same things as catholics for example.

They are essentially different religions. So different that there've been wars between denominations.

Having said that, majorities don't decide what is correct and what isn't.
And no, scientific consensus is not an argument of "majority rules".

Scientific consensus is an argument of expertise, based on evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why must it be a book? Why can't it be a principle or an idea?

Because every human is unique. Humans are not going to be unified as robots. Each human should be developed along a different direction. The only Book which can guide all of them at the same time, is the Bible.

Be a witness to you, I love geology. Can the Bible guide me to become a "better geologist" (you probably do not understand what does it mean)? Let me tell you my experience, the Bible is the BEST geology guide I ever read in my whole life. I am sure that if you read the Bible seriously, you WILL become a much "better" computer scientist.

Give you another analogy. Do you know how to be a "better" martial artist? Master the skill of fight (compare to the science) is not enough. One needs to reform his body from inside out (how to breath, how to sit, walk, eat, etc.), and also to raise his spiritual strength (these are things beyond the science), so a Kung-Fu master, a level much higher than a martial artist, can one turn into.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Be a witness to you, I love geology. Can the Bible guide me to become a "better geologist" (you probably do not understand what does it mean)? Let me tell you my experience, the Bible is the BEST geology guide I ever read in my whole life. I am sure that if you read the Bible seriously, you WILL become a much "better" computer scientist.

What a bizarre statement. The bible contains virtually nothing in it related to how to build a computer, how to maintain a computer, what electricity is, how physics works, how information theory works, how networks are constructed, how to manage up- and download, or anything else even remotely relevant to computer science. Its advice on geology directly contradicts the observed record.

Give you another analogy. Do you know how to be a "better" martial artist? Master the skill of fight (compare to the science) is not enough. One needs to reform his body from inside out (how to breath, how to sit, walk, eat, etc.), and also to raise his spiritual strength (these are things beyond the science), so a Kung-Fu master, a level much higher than a martial artist, can one turn into.

Terrible analogy. Nothing about being a geologist or computer scientist requires that you reform your body or have "spiritual strength". It especially fails as the bible gives distinctly wrong information about the geologic record. Not only that, but I'm kind of lost as to what "spiritual strength" has to do with anything in martial arts. Do you mean a connection to the supernatural? One of the most lethal and effective martial arts in the world, Krav Maga, has absolutely no spiritual component. Do you simply mean fortitude of will and lack of fear? Those are not "spiritual", they are material, and reading the bible won't help you there.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not only that, but I'm kind of lost as to what "spiritual strength" has to do with anything in martial arts. Do you mean a connection to the supernatural? One of the most lethal and effective martial arts in the world, Krav Maga, has absolutely no spiritual component. Do you simply mean fortitude of will and lack of fear? Those are not "spiritual", they are material, and reading the bible won't help you there.
In martial arts philosophy, the idea is to tap into universal energy, called "ki" or "chi," and use it to your advantage.

For example, stacking three bricks on top of each other, then chopping them in half is old hat.

In true martial arts, one only need place his hand atop the top brick, focus his chi on the middle brick, and make it shatter.

In a show I watched once, I saw two martial artists fighting, A fighting B, and A, who was losing, grabbed another man, C, and held on to him as a human shield.

B focused his chi and hit C with a powerful blow, practically killing A behind him, but leaving C unfazed.

In the Bible, David was a martial artist, but not by using this universal energy.

Which I don't believe in, anyway.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What predictions could we make based on special creationism? What does creationism tell us about the world? How does the knowledge that all kinds of animals are unrelated, created some 6,000 years ago, help us understand reality?

Animals are not humans.
Animals are good for eating.
Animals were designed and engineered by the same person using the same principals as humans.
Animals are otherwise, not related to humans.

Benefits are,
we don't have to worry that we are eating our relatives when we eat fish
we can farm animals as food
we can use animals for developing medicine
we can use animals as workers

Earth is the only source of life in the cosmos.

Benefits are
we don't need to waste any money or resources looking elsewhere.
We can focus our interests on the 99% our planet not yet explored.
Likely we've only documented the existence of 1/2 of the existing species,
so we can focus on sustainability studies and figure out how to keep food supplies going.

We can focus on the design and engineering of infinite complexity found in any living systems.
We can count on infinitely complex and intelligent systems to study and learn from.
We can use design principals we find to sustain ourselves.

What happens if we ignore this infinite database of knowledge and design?
What if we just assume that our world is a fluke accident and inherently stupid?
Then we would develop non-organic solutions for:
Creating shelter
controlling our environment
transportation
communication
knowledge storage, library functions
teaching / learning
all with the mindset that we are the most intelligent solution finders possible.
All assuming that humans are the best-equipped, most intelligent engineers in world.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In a show I watched once, I saw two martial artists fighting, A fighting B, and A, who was losing, grabbed another man, C, and held on to him as a human shield.

B focused his chi and hit C with a powerful blow, practically killing A behind him, but leaving C unfazed.

There is a name for this. It is translated as: "hit the bull through the hill"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A very simple (?) one to consider: plants are created before the formation of our Sun.
There was light. The sun was just the current fabrication of that light, but light existed from the first day.
It may surprise you but the sun STILL isn't the only source of light in the universe.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting...

So we have 3 biblical creationists here posting one after another.

They all disagree on what Genesis is saying.

Funny.
That's because people interject things that are not found in the text and base their belief on the unscriptural additions.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There was light. The sun was just the current fabrication of that light, but light existed from the first day.
It may surprise you but the sun STILL isn't the only source of light in the universe.

No it is not. There was light, a lot of light, way before any single star/planet was formed.
This makes Genesis 1:3 extraordinary and fantastic.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status