Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
In one of my recent threads, I pointed out the numerous significant scientific advancements that our understanding of evolution and common descent enabled - advancements that would make no sense without, at the very least, a common ancestor between birds and humans.

So, just for laughs, let's ask the reverse question. What predictions could we make based on special creationism? What does creationism tell us about the world? How does the knowledge that all kinds of animals are unrelated, created some 6,000 years ago, help us understand reality?

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
In one of my recent threads, I pointed out the numerous significant scientific advancements that our understanding of evolution and common descent enabled - advancements that would make no sense without, at the very least, a common ancestor between birds and humans.

So, just for laughs, let's ask the reverse question. What predictions could we make based on special creationism? What does creationism tell us about the world? How does the knowledge that all kinds of animals are unrelated, created some 6,000 years ago, help us understand reality?

Well it um.....doesn't.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What predictions could we make based on special creationism?
1. Man came before woman.
2. The dust on the moon won't be as deep as scientists say it is.
3. The universe is expanding.

With the exception of #1, these are predictions YECs made prior to their confirmation by science.
The Cadet said:
What does creationism tell us about the world? How does the knowledge that all kinds of animals are unrelated, created some 6,000 years ago, help us understand reality?
It shows there is much more to reality than meets the eye.

In other words, science is myopic.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Very bad attitude. For that purpose, no opinion/information should be provided to you by anyone.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Very bad attitude. For that purpose, no opinion/information should be provided to you by anyone.

I'll rephrase it without the "bad attitude", so you can be comfortable answering it. I don't really see why you couldn't just mention it and move on to providing a proper response though.

Here:

So, let's ask the reverse question. What predictions could we make based on special creationism? What does creationism tell us about the world? How does the knowledge that all kinds of animals are unrelated, created some 6,000 years ago, help us understand reality?

:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And there are the laughs. This isn't the first time you've absolutely refused to answer any questions based on justifying your position, and at this point it's just a little pathetic. C'mon, if the creation account is, in its broad strokes, accurate, what predictions can we make as a basis? How does this help us progress our understanding of reality?

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

If you understood that breed mates with breed and produces a new breed - you would understand the fossil record. Understand why all fossils are in a state of stasis (breed remains the same breed until mating with another breed). Why there are gaps and missing links - because no links are missing when breed mates with breed producing new breeds - and why they appear suddenly in the fossil record. The fossil record would begin to make sense in light of observations of how life propagates and we would not be required to imagine 95% Fairie Dust to make observations fit theory.

My prediction is that the Husky will always remain a Husky and never evolve into anything else, just as the triceratops remained a triceratops and never evolved into anything else, or T Rex or brontosaurus, or any of them..... I predict the appearance of new breeds in the fossil record will be sudden - just as we observe in reality today without postulating an imaginary gap game.

I predict that no matter how many times an E coli is mutated - it will always remain E coli. Creationism tells us exactly what we observe - that breed mates with breed within the Kind - producing new breeds within that Kind. It tells us that finches that interbreed from the start are not separate species - but merely breeds of the same species, that the theory of speciation is undone. It tells us what science already knows - that species become infraspecific taxa of the parent species - and that only improper classifications muddy the waters.

I would predict that after the cataclysm that destroyed the dinosaurs - the fossils should all be found piled together - exactly as observed. That all will be found as evolutionists say (just happened to be grazing by a stream when a flood came along, etc., etc.) to avoid that darkness and the deep that came about.

I would predict that chimpanzee fossils will not be found as early as man, being a breed of ape that came along later - as the fossil record shows.

I would predict that a priests theory of the beginning of creation will be stolen and twisted to suit the ends of others instead of the miracle it points to.

And what prediction of the future does evolution make? I am predicting the Husky will always be a Husky - a Mastiff a Mastiff, a red tailed deer a red tailed deer, a black bear a black bear, until one mates with another breed within the species and a new breed comes into existence. I predict evolution through mutation of one creature into another will never be observed - as it has never been observed.

I would predict that evolutionists will now make lots of claims without presenting any facts or observations of the real world to back up their claims.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And there are the laughs. This isn't the first time you've absolutely refused to answer any questions based on justifying your position, and at this point it's just a little pathetic. C'mon, if the creation account is, in its broad strokes, accurate, what predictions can we make as a basis? How does this help us progress our understanding of reality?

If I provided my argument, it would be just for a laugh to you. So, why should I do it?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'll rephrase it without the "bad attitude", so you can be comfortable answering it. I don't really see why you couldn't just mention it and move on to providing a proper response though.

Here:

So, let's ask the reverse question. What predictions could we make based on special creationism? What does creationism tell us about the world? How does the knowledge that all kinds of animals are unrelated, created some 6,000 years ago, help us understand reality?

So you want to explore that. Fine.

A very simple (?) one to consider: plants are created before the formation of our Sun. This one is easy to see literally in Gen 1. It "should be" scientifically true. This would be a true "prediction". We do not know the final answer yet.

There are many many other well known modern scientific knowledge that have been described in the OT at least three thousands years ago. Would you like to call those "predictions" too? Only 200 years ago, very very few people, or no one, would even have these ideas. To them, what the Bible says are true predictions, and they are proven now. If you don't know what to say about the one on plants, I can tell you one of those "predictions".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No, no, no......

The sun already existed as did the earth long before the events leading to man. The 4th day is when the sun, moon and stars were appointed to serve as markers for seasons - for sowing and reaping. They became visible in the heavens as the darkness that covered the deep cleared.

"and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years."

They were to separate the day and night - apparently the day and night cycle already existed. The light penetrated that darkness as onn a cloudy day. Day and night could be determined - but no stars were as yet visible, nor the sun and moon from the mist-like darkness that covered the earth.

This misinterpretation of a young earth comes from the incorrect translation of "hayah" in the 2nd verse. The earth "was" not formless and void - but "became - hayah" desolate and waste. And darkness "became- hayah" upon the surface of the deep. There existed light and life before - and thus the dinosaurs went extinct. Man is a recent creation - not the earth or the dinosaurs.

Six separate times He has created life on this earth - with man as the six event. Five times that life went nearly extinct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

Soon there will be a sixth destruction and a 7th creation - the final and complete one. There is no need to deny the works of God, just interpret the Words correctly and both are in harmony.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Six separate times He has created life on this earth - with man as the six event. Five times that life went nearly extinct.
Utter rubbish. The bible says which creatures were made on the days of creation, in no way does it claim different creations. Period.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you want to explore that. Fine.

A very simple (?) one to consider: plants are created before the formation of our Sun. This one is easy to see literally in Gen 1. It "should be" scientifically true. This would be a true "prediction". We do not know the final answer yet.

It seems that several of your peers, justatruthseeker & dad, don't agree with this at all.
Perhaps you should first try to agree on the basics among eachother.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting...

So we have 3 biblical creationists here posting one after another.

They all disagree on what Genesis is saying.

Funny.
And yet all three of us believe: IN THE BEGINNING, GOD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Interesting...

So we have 3 biblical creationists here posting one after another.

They all disagree on what Genesis is saying.

Funny.

Normal. The Genesis 1 is not a textbook. It is a guidance, not a knowledge.
To you, they make no difference. They are all Creationism.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It seems that several of your peers, justatruthseeker & dad, don't agree with this at all.
Perhaps you should first try to agree on the basics among eachother.

If so, you get only one version of explanation. Now you have three. Isn't that much better?
What is yours?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
And yet all three of us believe: IN THE BEGINNING, GOD.

So does every theist, the overwhelming vast majority of which you disagree with on who that god is and how he/she/it operates.

But that's not what this thread is about. For the purpose of this thread, I actually don't think that a single creationist who's already posted here actually agrees with another one who already posted here.

Which is strange, since they all seem SO convinced.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.