Quebec,Canada
Visit site
✟28,906.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I could use some prayers as we continue our walk towards the altar. The preperations are going well, and we have finished our required "Preperation for Mariage" sessions (I translated from French, Unsure if it is the same term in English).

The thing is we have both hit some financial struggles recently and it took a bit of a toll on us. Add the fact that I was quite ill last month, as many of you remember, and these days we just don't seem to be as excited as we should be. Maybe this is silly, but I thought I would be excited all the way to the wedding day,,, but a few hardships kinda dampered my mood. Anywho, would appreciate the prayers greatly; especially where my health is concerned as I have not completly fought off this bug yet. Thanks all for being a great family :groupray:

By the way, the happy day is on May 19th, and shortly after I am planning to open a "Wedding Party" thread so we can all celebrate together ;)

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I could use some prayers as we continue our walk towards the altar. The preperations are going well, and we have finished our required "Preperation for Mariage" sessions (I translated from French, Unsure if it is the same term in English).

The thing is we have both hit some financial struggles recently and it took a bit of a toll on us. Add the fact that I was quite ill last month, as many of you remember, and these days we just don't seem to be as excited as we should be. Maybe this is silly, but I thought I would be excited all the way to the wedding day,,, but a few hardships kinda dampered my mood. Anywho, would appreciate the prayers greatly; especially where my health is concerned as I have not completly fought off this bug yet. Thanks all for being a great family :groupray:

By the way, the happy day is on May 19th, and shortly after I am planning to open a "Wedding Party" thread so we can all celebrate together ;)

HI DLF,
:wave:

If you're anything like we were, you are going to go through a roller coaster of emotions before the wedding. All the un knowns, the current "issues", the two different families "merging" through you two individuals... all kinds of thoughts and doubts entered our minds... but in the "end"(LOL), the wedding day was a huge blast and we had a great time...there was nothing that could go wrong that day. And from that day forward our confidence only grew stronger that we made the right decision.

One thing that stuck out for us from our Marriage Preparation(that's what our Church called it at the time) was a simple statement our Priest shared with us. He simply said, "I believe that those called to the Sacramant of Marriage Marry their healers". As we look back we see how prophetic those words have been for us.

Sure, we have and still encounter lows in our marriage and that's probably not going to change. But we can now see how these lows, through commitment, have and continue to strengthen our relationship and deepen our love for each other.

I am praying for you and your fiance! Enjoy these times and celebrate with the Lord! That is my advice. It goes by so quick! Even though we were married in the CC, at the time I was FAR from a believer. I sooo wish now that I knew Jesus then like I know Him now.

Peace!

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
When my wife and I were getting married we were helping out this girl who we had known for awhile. And some other things just drained our money. We got a bit depressed.

But it's about the marriage not the wedding. And I will tell you, at the end of the day you will leave together. And that is all that matters.

My wedding day is (so far) the happiest day of my life.

I was sleeping at my wife''s aunts house the day before (my wife and her mother were at a hotel with all of the girls in the bridal party). My best man was in the room with me. We were in the room her two cousins sleep in because it had the two beds. I woke up at about 8am and coughed.

My best man jumped out of bed saying:

"You ok! What do you need...need anything!!!!"

He was on point all day.

At the Church I went to leave the sacristy to get something, but my wife as aleady there and I would have seen her in the choir loft. My best man literally tackled me back into the sacristy :)

After the wedding one of the bridal party was too sick to go to where we were planning to have pictures taken.

So we took them in her grandfathers yard. It was beautiful. We even got a picture in the exact same place under the same tree (changing leaves in the fall) where there is a picture of her family holding her when she came home from the hospital as a baby. We did not plan that, but God did :)

A lot of things from now to then will make you worry. And sometimes just stress you out.

Love each other. God will provide. He has provided your love and led you to each other. The other graces and miracles are small, and the one you've been given, your love, will overcome all.

Upvote 0

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:crossrc:
Congrats!

It's natural not to feel excited all the time, sometimes life can make things harder. But courtship and engagement are there for us to 'practise' being married. Things like this will come up in marriage and they won't be new to your relationship:thumbsup:. This is of benefit to the two of you in the long run.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DedicatedLittleFaith

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2006
Quebec,Canada
Visit site
✟28,906.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks again everyone.
You are all very encouraging. :)

Here is an update:

Financially, we have a bit of a break. My father and his wife have offered to help us out for the wedding preperations; it is their wedding gift to us. My futur in-laws also pitched in by going shopping with their son and paying his wedding suit, which is their gift to him.
My stepfather, who is a photographer, is comming and he will take all the pictures free of charge; again as a wedding gift. Needless to say this will give us a breather and it is very appreciated. It also allows us to invite a few more people we really want to share this day with, but were afraid we could not provide for. So everything is turning out ok. :)

As for health issues, my fiancé as his diabetes in check so far and oncologist are saying the Hodgkins is so far on it's way to remission. As for me, well I have always had a fragile health but I keep it in check as much as I can. :)

And Davidnic, what you said about things being about the mariage and not the wedding really touched me. You are absolutly right: the only thing that matters is that, at the end of the day, we will be married at last.
Thank you for putting what was really important back into focus. :hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.