In love again...my 40's story

NYchristian15

Nov 24, 2015
✟15,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi I am new to this forum. I am 42, a christian (catholic) and divorced,single mom of a 9 year old.

I met a man on an online dating site who is not a christian (he used to be Wiccan) and is now more of a "universalist". He is 47. All his friends are a pot-pourri of religions (pagans, witches, satanists, etc.). It freaked me out at first. I mean I love Jesus so much and this man wasn't christian but loves God in his own way. He prays daily and meditates.

My parents think he's weird and I keep my dating life away from them (for what its worth my parents are atheists). My little daughter does not know he is my boyfriend but thinks he is my friend.

Well lo and behold, we are going to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in a few weeks. I don't feel conflicted. I love this man and he knows that I love Jesus proudly. I tell all his pagan friends I am a born again Christian! Jesus is my hero.

I don't know what the future holds for us. God is at the center of my life and I keep Him up to date on the latest on myself and my boyfriend. I give Him all my worries and ask God to please help us as a couple make the right choices.

But anyway this is where I am in my life now; a volatile situation with a man who wants his future with me and me in love with him and many against us. Sitting on a powder keg pretty much.