In all things

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Thought for the day: “Be sure to remember that nothing in your daily life is so insignificant and so inconsequential that God will not help you by answering your prayer.” OLE HALLESBY

“And in all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

MATTHER 21:22 NASB

Why do I have a hard time praying? Not only do I have a hard time, but, I have met many others that say that they also have a hard time. It’s not that I don’t pray, I do, and I have times I have set aside for prayer. Also I have learned to be spontaneous in prayer when needed. It’s just that when I am praying it seems like such a chore. As I look inwardly this morning I realize that the chore maker, the task master, of my prayer is myself. To pray takes time always from self to recognize God, the needs of others, and God’s will for my life. I see myself as having become some what selfish in my spiritual life. I enjoy reading the Bible, I enjoy playing and listening to Christian music, I love to hear the Word of God preached, I enjoy talking about Jesus and how my life has been changed, but prayer, why does it seem difficult? If we only knew the results of our prayers the moment we prayed, I am sure that we would pray more and with more ease. Jesus said to “believe and you will receive.” Pretty simple stuff if you ask me. Yesterday I had a prayer answered, I have been believing and praying for something for four months, and my prayer was answered affirmatively yesterday. This has strengthened my prayer life today. Once more god has done for me what I could not do for myself….JRE

“Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.”

ALBERT SCHWEITZER

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
I am pondering this "believing" thing...get so unsure when I don't know what exactly God's will is sometimes. Believing is a key...boldly believing...sometimes doubting believing...Jesus received all kinds of requests.

Also know humility is a key to prayer...wemust humble ourselves...turn from our wicked ways and pray. That takes time for me.

So glad to hear you got a prayer answered jerry...:wave:

Upvote 0

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
You are right. When I was desperate and God answered my prayers immediately, it was so easy to stop and pray....it was so necessary. Then when God had cleared away the desperation, it got harder to pray because I wasn't so desperate for help. But I know that if I became desperate, God would answer my prayers right away again.:angel:

Upvote 0

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
angelwind said:
I am pondering this "believing" thing...get so unsure when I don't know what exactly God's will is sometimes. Believing is a key...boldly believing...sometimes doubting believing...Jesus received all kinds of requests.

Also know humility is a key to prayer...wemust humble ourselves...turn from our wicked ways and pray. That takes time for me.

So glad to hear you got a prayer answered jerry...:wave:
Thanks for your great response, I especially enjoyed this: "Also know humility is a key to prayer...we must humble ourselves...turn from our wicked ways and pray. That takes time for me.".........takes time for me too.........humility is not easy for me........

thanks my friend..............jerry

Upvote 0

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
freyajem said:
You are right. When I was desperate and God answered my prayers immediately, it was so easy to stop and pray....it was so necessary. Then when God had cleared away the desperation, it got harder to pray because I wasn't so desperate for help. But I know that if I became desperate, God would answer my prayers right away again.:angel:

Thanks for sharing and helping me understand that I am not alone in this.....your friend Jerry

Upvote 0