Jun 17, 2013
Melbourne
✟7,669.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Heyyyyy everyone!

So, im newly saved, well relatively earlier this year. And i have an amazing boyfriend of over four years, whom i have lived with for our Whole relationship. I prayed and prayed to god about what he wanted for me in my living situation and my relationship and all i felt was that god wanted me to stay where i am where i am comfortable and supported while building my relationship with him and that i should stay living with my boyfriend to be an influence on his life.. It must be working because my bf asked me if he could come to church with me to "see what all the fuss is about" his actual words haha. But in the last few days Ive been really confused and frustrated and start to doubt what god has told me, and thinking things like "oh my goodness im a horrible christian" and "is this what god really wants".

My question is do you guys ever feel doubtful when god tells you to do something, that normally your follow christians would tell you not to do?

Thanks for your time guys! Have a great day!!

RobertMerton

Veteran
Mar 19, 2005
Internet
✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heyyyyy everyone!

So, im newly saved, well relatively earlier this year. And i have an amazing boyfriend of over four years, whom i have lived with for our Whole relationship. I prayed and prayed to god about what he wanted for me in my living situation and my relationship and all i felt was that god wanted me to stay where i am where i am comfortable and supported while building my relationship with him and that i should stay living with my boyfriend to be an influence on his life.. It must be working because my bf asked me if he could come to church with me to "see what all the fuss is about" his actual words haha. But in the last few days Ive been really confused and frustrated and start to doubt what god has told me, and thinking things like "oh my goodness im a horrible christian" and "is this what god really wants".

My question is do you guys ever feel doubtful when god tells you to do something, that normally your follow christians would tell you not to do?

Thanks for your time guys! Have a great day!!

Hi Meredith.

First of all I want to welcome you to CF and also on your new relationship with God. I would like to add that it is perhaps the most important relationship that you can have in your life, and I would encourage you to put it first.

I am encouraged also, by the fact that you are questioning what is right in your circumstances.. From my point of view, I would advise against living with your boyfriend as that can lead to sexual immorality (which we are told to flee from).

I would also like to warn you against going by feelings. Do not rely on feelings, or emotions (Jeremiah 17:9) but instead seek the wisdom of God through the word (the bible) or through a christian mentor (be it a cell leader or Pastor at church).

Please also don't feel too guilty about it so that you are unable to go to God (this is what the enemy wants you to do). Instead know that God loves you, and wants you to grow in him. :).

Hope that helps.
Feel free to PM me or to reply here further.
(PS I've been to Melbourne before :) )

Upvote 0

meredithgood

Jun 17, 2013
Melbourne
✟7,669.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou for your input!! I really appreciate it!! :) this Whole circumstance is made ever more difficult by the fact neither of us are from melbourne, so we have no connections to stay with even if we moved out seperately, no family here either. Ill just keep praying about it and reading the word!

Thankyou again! How nice is melbourne?! :) :)

Upvote 0

RobertMerton

Veteran
Mar 19, 2005
Internet
✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thankyou for your input!! I really appreciate it!! :) this Whole circumstance is made ever more difficult by the fact neither of us are from melbourne, so we have no connections to stay with even if we moved out seperately, no family here either. Ill just keep praying about it and reading the word!

Thankyou again! How nice is melbourne?! :) :)

Well I prefer Sydney haha.

It will be hard but I would still suggest for you to move out.
Flee from Sin.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
oh I do not know what to tell you....
sorry I am nor more helpful

one thing to think on
you say you want to be a good influence for your boyfriend
but you have only been serious about your religion for less then a year
this type of thing is very serious, and there are people who have studied the Bible and been very devoted to God for decades who still have problems with knowing what to do

God bless you my dear sister in Christ

Upvote 0