Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
When I see things like the immolation of Jordanian Lt. Moaz al-Kasasbeh I become furious at the inhumanity of groups such as ISIL. Then I'm reminded that the Lord Jesus Christ calls us to love all men, even those who barbarically murdered the Jordanian pilot (Luke 6:27-31). When you weigh Christ's words in light of such actions as these you realize how difficult it is to truly be a Christian.

Lord have mercy upon the soul of Lt. Al-Kasasbeh!

Lord have mercy upon his family and friends!

Lord have mercy upon his murderers!

Lord have mercy upon us all!

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When I see things like the immolation of Jordanian Lt. Moaz al-Kasasbeh I become furious at the inhumanity of groups such as ISIL. Then I'm reminded that the Lord Jesus Christ calls us to love all men, even those who barbarically murdered the Jordanian pilot (Luke 6:27-31). When you weigh Christ's words in light of such actions as these you realize how difficult it is to truly be a Christian.

Lord have mercy upon the soul of Lt. Al-Kasasbeh!

Lord have mercy upon his family and friends!

Lord have mercy upon his murderers!

Lord have mercy upon us all!

Lord Have Mercy...

Praying on the Beatitudes, I'm having to keep in mind the reality of how Jesus meant what he said when saying that only those who showed mercy would be shown mercy - and his words in Luke 6 on loving your enemies are challenging and things I want to grow. The people with ISIL are evil in their actions - but it gives me compassion for them when seeing the fact that they are caught in a sickness they need healing from, just as we're all sick in one way or another.

For something to consider:

"If a person's purpose is fixed in God with all humility and he patiently endures the trials that come upon him, God will resolve for him any question that perplexes him. Without such patience and humility a person will suffer what many have suffered, perishing in their stupidity, trusting to their own opinions and thinking they can get along very well without either a guide or the experience that comes from patience and humility. For experience transcends tribulation, trials and even active warfare. Should a person of experience be subject to some slight attack on the part of demons, this trial will be a source of great joy and profit to him; for it is permitted by God so that he may gain yet further experience and courage in facing his enemies."

~Abba Peter of Damascus

Upvote 0

Boris89

Apr 21, 2013
Bulgaria
✟15,425.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That commandment to love our enemies is totally lacking in that barbaric religion of Islam.
The events around the spirit showing itself to Mohammad is a classical demonic temptation. It does not present itself (Mohammad alone guessed it was archangel Gabriel) and forcefully dictates him what to write as "revelation" or whatever they call it. The way the self-proclaimed "prophet" felt after such visitations is also clear he was visited by demons. So no surprise here - by their fruit we will know them.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0