• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm ugly and worthless :(

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I got so bad with feelings of worthless and rejection that I even thought about and started to attempt to take my own life. I was always rejected by girls. For me God actually spoke to me and showed me a person I could marry. We got married after dating for some time, and it worked out great, we have a happy relationship, and now a son. God can take you from a place of worthlessness to one of success. Even with studies, when I was not a Christian my English studies were really bad, the day after I got saved I was commended by the teacher for my understanding of the subject. God just improved my brain. I used to hate study, and could study for no more than 5 minutes without feeling stressed, after getting saved I was able to study, I went to university got a degree and a good job as a Website Designer. If you have trouble with studies pray continually that God improves your minds ability to study.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2011
U.P. of Michigan
✟15,908.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for this perspective. I should read it every day. I have spent much of my life feeling sorry for myself and worrying about what other people think of me. It has been killing me all these years, and has to stop.

QUOTE=mmksparbud;59674452]Excuse me?????-----Are you aware that the Son of God almighty died for you? Do you not understand that He is what gives us our value?? Elizabeth Taylor got old and died---name any screen goddess that has not gotten old, wrinkled and died (well, some died before they got to the wrinkled part)--God did not give me the beauty of a Liz or Sophia--I am (was) at best--passable by the worlds standards--so what--I am 61 now and how cares??? What are you doing with whatever talents God gave you? We will be held accountable for our time, our money, our talents---no where does God say He is going to judge us by how good looking we are!! Even Jesus was no Brad Pitt---the bible says He was "not comely, that non should desire Him."--He attracted people by His soul---If we live long enough--we all get old, wrinkled, and downright homely!! We end up loosing body parts--and after 40 everything goes south, east and west---I had one old woman crying on my shoulder sobbing her heart out because she was no longer a beauty--"You don't know what it's like to loose your beauty!!!"---Thanks, I didn't know I was chopped liver!!---She had so much makeup on she looked like a clown, a cheap old hooker!! When God comes, we will all be changed--and we will all be beautiful---till then, be thankful you have all your body parts and get started on working on your souls beauty--that's all we take with us![/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

SMacGregor

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
✟7,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Involve yourself in some voluntary work – thinking about helping others can take the focus off self introversion and self obsessiveness and can help with self esteem. When you learn to respect and value yourself you can come to enjoy your own company and eventually others will too. Taking care with your diet and your physical health can also improve your self esteem.

Kindest regards,

Upvote 0

SMacGregor

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
✟7,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Every day our self-confidence is being tested and requires continuous rebuilding. This is because in pursuing our goals and in experiencing life we are always being challenged to learn new things. Understand the reasons for the lack of self-confidence in order to utilise the techniques for gaining your confidence.

Upvote 0