• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm ugly and worthless :(

Yinstyle

God's follower
Mar 25, 2012
Greece
✟7,621.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I really do feel completely worthless, I fail everything no matter how hard I try. I'm ugly, I even saw a comment on one of my albums saying "oo someones pretty!" and the person he thought was pretty said "what sarah i know she is" and he sid "good one, u know I ment u" and I'm just sat in tears. No matter what I do to make myself pretty not even the best make up artist can do it :( I have no career I can possibly do, I'm ugly and I hate myself. I'd really like to just die right now I can't stand it here anymore. All I do is sit indoors anyway because I suck at everything else. why can't god just take me now :(

You try too hard. What do you wanna be pretty for? Is it (male) attention you seek? You won't get any attention with makeup and other facepaint. Let's say your dream comes true the next day you wake up. What if someone calls you ugly again. Haven't the Disney videos taught you anything? It's very basic and you know it somewhere in the back of your head. A human doesn't find his/her worth as a referance to his/her status. It's the actions and behavior this individual is capable of showing that matter. Next time you hear someone talk about uglyness etc think of that person's behavior and say that that person is ugly. Why? Because, he obviously falls too low to even get [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] he is talking about. Think about it. Your friend herself thinks you might be prettier. She had the idea that the guy was talking about you. That guy only said what he said to seem better than you. His ego is just as ugly as he is. If you are here with the purpose of people giving you cute comments to stroke your ego though, then I will have to dissapoint you. Think about what I said 3 sentences ago. "His ego is just as ugly as he is." If you want to become ugly then you call other people ugly. The endless cycle of attempt. The attempt of masking your own fail at the expense of others. That could also have as result jealousy( a sin ). Therefore, what worth would that guy have left within him? He obviously has terribad self esteem. Now go back to school and contribute to modern sciences

Upvote 0

AgapeGrace

Saved by Gracee
Oct 31, 2011
England
✟7,895.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You try too hard. What do you wanna be pretty for? Is it (male) attention you seek? You won't get any attention with makeup and other facepaint. Let's say your dream comes true the next day you wake up. What if someone calls you ugly again. Haven't the Disney videos taught you anything? It's very basic and you know it somewhere in the back of your head. A human doesn't find his/her worth as a referance to his/her status. It's the actions and behavior this individual is capable of showing that matter. Next time you hear someone talk about uglyness etc think of that person's behavior and say that that person is ugly. Why? Because, he obviously falls too low to even get [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] he is talking about. Think about it. Your friend herself thinks you might be prettier. She had the idea that the guy was talking about you. That guy only said what he said to seem better than you. His ego is just as ugly as he is. If you are here with the purpose of people giving you cute comments to stroke your ego though, then I will have to dissapoint you. Think about what I said 3 sentences ago. "His ego is just as ugly as he is." If you want to become ugly then you call other people ugly. The endless cycle of attempt. The attempt of masking your own fail at the expense of others. That could also have as result jealousy( a sin ). Therefore, what worth would that guy have left within him? He obviously has terribad self esteem. Now go back to school and contribute to modern sciences

I'm not here for sympathy, just advice. It's not really for male attention, I'm just really down lately. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I really do feel completely worthless, I fail everything no matter how hard I try. I'm ugly, I even saw a comment on one of my albums saying "oo someones pretty!" and the person he thought was pretty said "what sarah i know she is" and he sid "good one, u know I ment u" and I'm just sat in tears. No matter what I do to make myself pretty not even the best make up artist can do it :( I have no career I can possibly do, I'm ugly and I hate myself. I'd really like to just die right now I can't stand it here anymore. All I do is sit indoors anyway because I suck at everything else. why can't god just take me now :(

I am sure you are not at all ugly, but even if you were, I would rather be ugly on the outside than on the inside like your two friends.

Beauty is only skin deep. What matters is the person inside; whether you can be caring and compassionate to those around you. Forget about the makeup; it is a waste of time and money. Make sure you dress to make yourself happy, not other people. Wear what makeup you want to wear, and forget about whether you are more or less pretty than those around you.

If you sit indoors you will become more depressed, and feel even less happy with yourself and your appearance. Is there any way you can get out and help those who may be less fortunate than yourself? I find this a very good way to overcome my own self esteem issues; there is always someone somewhere who needs our help, and if we can find a way to help them they will see the real inner beauty of our soul; trust me on that one.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

Melinda0213

Jan 5, 2012
✟15,113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have never seen you before in my life, but I assure you, you are not ugly. The only reason you feel ugly is because you believe what other people have told you. God made you and He made you beautiful. He doesn't create or make mistakes. There is a place for you in this world and you are good at something, you maybe just haven't found it yet.

As women, we allow men and even other women to make us feel inferior. The only time someone can make you feel inferior is if you allow them to.

This is a trick of the enemy. He knows you have something great inside of you and he is trying his best to take it. Don’t let him do that. Love yourself and realize that you are fearfully and wonderfully made.

God Bless You!

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
((((hugs)))) Hon I doubt you are ugly. I have only seen a few truly physically "ugly" people in my lifetime ---there are so few! Once I was with another person and we saw this really decrepit, sun baked, ugly woman come around the corner and we both thought at the same time (we found out later) "who would want a woman like that?" and then around the corner right behind her was her husband, a decrepit ugly old man...

Most people who are truly ugly might be pretty on the outside, but inside they are decrepit.

Time to take to mind off yourself and give others some of your inner goodness (I know it's there.) Can you find some place to volunteer? There are countless organizations that would cherish even "one hour a week" help doing practically anything you can do. Giving back to society---helping others is one way to realize that God can use you, and others will appreciate you and won't think you are ugly at all, but a beautiful person.

Even here at CF.com, once you reach 200 posts you can become a CF angel... and spend your time welcoming new members to the site, praying for them or other helps along the way. Build your post count by playing word games, replying to other posts that you like with even a :thumbsup: or an :amen:... or by telling someone you'll pray for them (and then do so):prayer:.

Of course, you can always welcome new members you find at the site. :wave:

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

beauty on the inside is all that matters. i have seen so ugly on the inside in this forum, i should know.:)

Upvote 0

p3ac3ful

Jan 24, 2012
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
OK____3 times I have tried to eliminate the bless and do not curse line --- do not know where that came from and I can't get rid of it---Sorry!!!

we are to bless and not curse and if I recall correctly that is a statement about our enemies. Perhaps a starting point would be to try to be a friend to self instead of treating self like your worst enemy. To think before speaking all that negativity over self. To ask would I say these things to a friend. Would I accept others saying this about me. The answer being no you work on saying nothing. It opens the door to accept the positive. I have never been any good with positive affirmations. There are those who read them every day to themselves until it sinks in. I always felt that was dishonest and I was lying. For me my self esteem is still low but it is no longer center of the earth low. It started with not calling myself names. Then reminding myself that yes there were/are things I do and do well. Even to have gotten to these classes you have had to pass others. some people take huge leaps forward others small faltering steps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
we are to bless and not curse and if I recall correctly that is a statement about our enemies. Perhaps a starting point would be to try to be a friend to self instead of treating self like your worst enemy. To think before speaking all that negativity over self. To ask would I say these things to a friend. Would I accept others saying this about me. The answer being no you work on saying nothing. It opens the door to accept the positive. I have never been any good with positive affirmations. There are those who read them every day to themselves until it sinks in. I always felt that was dishonest and I was lying. For me my self esteem is still low but it is no longer center of the earth low. It started with not calling myself names. Then reminding myself that yes there were/are things I do and do well. Even to have gotten to these classes you have had to pass others. some people take huge leaps forward others small faltering steps.

I was talking about the phrase "bless and do not curse" showing up in what I was writing when I myself had not typed that out. I would edit and erase it, but it still would show up. I've seen it come up on a few other threads, too.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian

Just keep telling yourself this and nothing will change.

What voices are you listening to?

Two equally powerful dogs are in a fight. Which one will win? The one you feed.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Just keep telling yourself this and nothing will change.

What voices are you listening to?

Two equally powerful dogs are in a fight. Which one will win? The one you feed.

That is too true. However, there are times when our minds are missing some element, and medication sometimes maybe needed to get back on track. I used to have periods of depression, very bad ones. Then I had a little with my God and decided on a plan of attack. Whenever I felt down, I would read my bible, there are also little books out there that list all of God's promises. I had one of those, and I would pour over those. Gradually, the darkness left--and it never came back. Sometimes we just plain have to work with God in order to get our miracle. I guess you could say, I started feeding the right dog with the right food.

Upvote 0

Mattybates

Always learning
Jun 30, 2012
✟15,118.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Oi Oi, Remember girly, Give the pain you have to the cross where it was crushed for you. The cross alone says you are loved as a person. I am sure God grieves when you get upset over such things. He has created you as a gift to others and I guarantee you have touched so many lives without you knowing. God measures the heart and loves the heart and you as a whole person. There is nothing you can do or say that will change Gods love for you and he is the only one who counts when all else passes. God has plans for you, big and small and you need to find them with him as a team. I have started cycling again to keep my weight down as I used to be super fit. It could easily have become an obsession with weight but then it dawned on me that this is what the secular world conditions us to think like. I am healthy and loved by Christ and my friends....really nothing else matters, and in time I pray this will become more and more clear to you. Please draw close to him and he will draw close to you (james 4:8).
Please keyword "God's love letter" into youtube. The duration is 5:19 mins so pick that one.

Have a blessed evening sister.:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HaigCraylett

L.O.V.E
Jul 4, 2012
Norfolk
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
First of all. No one is ugly. You are on this planet for a reason. The reason is what you need to work out and only you can do that. You must excel in something. What do you enjoy doing? You must realise that God loves you and doesn't want you to hate yourself like this. Pray, Pray and Pray some more. I will pray for you too. Try not to dwell in your own self pity. Instead, pity someone else. Your life is great and a blessing from God. My Father died a couple of months ago. He was told he had cancer in March and died in April. When I hear people saying that the'd be better off dead, it upsets me. My Dad didn't think that.

So, work on loving your beautiful self. God loves. And so do I.

Make Jesus Christ your career. Study his life and purpose.

Contact me if you want to talk further.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LaFe

Aug 17, 2012
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I realise this is an old thread but I sympathise. I have always struggled with feeling ugly and unwanted and very insecure about my image, in fact my whole self in general and particularly as I have a sister who is very beautiful.

Even before I became a Christian I would question as to why beauty/intelligence/wealth is so highly valued, more so than kindness, forgiveness, compassion. I don't understand it and I don't think I ever will but can only imagine how amazing this world would be if everyone cared more for those things. Thankfully I have found there are others that do share my sentiments.

Upvote 0

JesusLuvsYou

Aug 20, 2012
Canada
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

You are NOT ugly and worthless. That is a lie from the devil and you need to cast those thoughts down! We were made in the image of God. That's why the devil hates us so much. If he can convince us that we are ugly, stupid, useless, worthless ... then he has succeeded in taking us out. I am here today to tell you that God loves you! I don't know you personally or what you may have walked through but today is the day that you need to put an end to all of these negative thoughts. You are valuable to God. There is only one you in this entire world. No one has the same giftings, personality, smile, or heart as you do. I just want to encourage you to seek who you are in Christ. Get into his word (the bible) and discover who He says you are. He knew you before you were formed in your mother's womb. He knows how many hairs are on your head. He knows you by name!! I prayed for you and will keep you in my prayers. I believe you will overcome this. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Own that! Accept that! Don't listen to what others have to say. God thinks you are beautiful. Trust me God don't make junk!! :)

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Happiness is a habit and you need to cultivate it. Do not say negative things about yourself any more than you would about someone else. Sometimes you need to be your own cheerleader. Start by changing your attitude:

Example: I can't do anything right (NEG)

I'm getting really good at finding out what does not work (POS).

anything can be turned around by perspective...

images

Upvote 0

vionnacj

Oct 6, 2012
Surabaya
✟15,113.00
Faith
Calvinist
If you feel bad about yourself, just remember how precious you are in God's eyes.
If you are still breathing until this second, He still has great plans for you ahead.

I struggled to find my talents as well, but I prayed and tried several things. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of opportunities out there for you (or even in your church, there's no wrong in trying several ministries). God will guide you :D

Cheers! :)

Upvote 0