• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm so stupid and scared

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,334.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Servant4ever :wave:

I have only just seen this thread, and pray that you are feeling better now. :hug:

In the first place, you are not stupid, or hopeless or worthless or any of the othher things that you may be feeling. God loves you very much and will never let you go. He has created you in his image, blessed you with every spiritual blessing in Christ and you are very precious to him. There may be times when you don't feel it, or when you think well if he loves me so much, why is this happening? They are horrid times, but I should think almost everyone gets them, and it is not wrong or sinful to feel bad. Also, depression is an illness, it has little to do with spirituality. David Watson, the late evangelist, suffered quite badly with depression.

Secondly, I agree with the person who said that someone notified your counsellor about your message because they were concerned for you. I mean, an e mail asking your permission would have been considerate, but I'm sure their motives were good. It's interesting that you used the word "reported" though. Were you afraid you might have done something wrong and would be told off? Your message indicated how you were feeling. Someone once said to me "feelings are never right or wrong, they just are." No one can tell you how to feel, or not, in a particular situation; we feel how we feel, and accept it, work through it or wait until it passes.

If you still get these feelings and thoughts of suicide, do talk to your counsellor about them. It may be also that you need some anti depressants for a while.

God bless

:hug: :hug:

Gill

Upvote 0