Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As long as they have women tied up, it doesn't really matter if they're naked or not.. I'm guessing Playboy is trying to attract a teenager audience as well. I came of age during the early 2000s, so I never really had the need to have a Playboy, I'm not even sure if I have ever seen one in my life.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I recall, many years ago, Jose Feliciano having a braille edition of Playboy confiscated from him after trying to smuggle it into South Africa. So, yes. Some men read it for the articles.
Were the pictures in braille too? Lol.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I recall, many years ago, Jose Feliciano having a braille edition of Playboy confiscated from him after trying to smuggle it into South Africa. So, yes. Some men read it for the articles.

LOL, that reminds of the scene from "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" where the blind servant has a braille Playboy.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Don't fret, guys... we still have the internet!
I understand that is the basic reason behind the decision. When Playboy started, the pictures were something new and edgy. Now there is literally not a single human activity you can't see images of with a few mouse clicks, usually for free. So tame, static images of nude ladies are a bit passe. Certainly nothing you'd go out of your way to buy a magazine to see.

Playboy's always had great writing. Many serious authors and cartoonists started out submitting to them.

Indeed, as a young teenager I found my Dad's old stash of them from the early 80s, and, while I admit I pretty well seared every pictorial into my 13 year old brain, eventually I read them all pretty much cover to cover. It was seriously enlightening reading, much of it, and at least some of my core beliefs and sense of self derive from what I read there. I'd sincerely suggest similar reading for any other young, curious man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums