Jan 12, 2007
✟134,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
When posting in Arabic, be sure to align the text to the right; makes it easier to read ;)

اهلا وسهلا و مرحبا بكم!

Just subscribing.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,733.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Another question came to my mind

jesus lived 33 years,, how was he acting through these years !!
how he was walking and talking to people and work was he using his divinity? or he was just a human until he became 33 years nd became making miracles ,,??

I can't imagine how god lived with people and work and talked to them ?
did they know that he was god?

His mother certainly did, as it was announcee to her by the archangel Gabriel, but His divinity was hidden until the right time from everyone else, including Satan.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
God coming in human form is not a foreign concept , most cultures have always embraced this idea. Unfortunately the heresy known as islam has had to much influence which dispels this notion. Instead they preach an impersonal God who cannot be grasped. We know God through his Son whom he revealed to be our Father, not some corporate CEO ruling the universe from an ivory tower in the sky.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
aha but how can a woman be the mother of god !!
how she was feeling that her son is god !! this is not logical for me !
how can the divinity in its greatness can fill her body when jesus was there
i'm confused :(

That's the basis of most hymns to Mary. The paradoxes. How is God a consuming fire yet the burning bush was not consumed? Likewise the womb of Mary.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He came in human form with Abraham and the mother of Samson, it's to show us who He is. His glory was in a tiny temple, now His glory was in a human body, why would that be harder or make less sense? Don't let your 5 kilogram brain keep you from knowing God. We can't grasp everything.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think this is part of the problem---you're using a three-pound brain to try to "comprehend" God Almighty! Logic cannot comprehend the infinite!

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Islam OR Christianity, you're going to encounter MIRACLES! If you want to embrace Islam, you're going to have to accept the idea that Allah swept Muhammad up into heaven on a horse, ushering him through the many chambers and glories of heaven. And Islam believes in a plethora of miracles. So does Judaism, and so does Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Can you please answer my whole questions in this thread?
I'd like to read all your opinions
thanks

I didn't see it answered so I will back up. Just to clear any possible confusion.

We become LIKE God. We share love with Him, fellowship. We become like Him so we can enjoy being with Him forever.

We will not create things or manage the universe. God will always BE God, and we never will be "gods" in that way. We are created beings.

But we will be LIKE Him.

I hope that helps.

Also, I'm glad you're not talking about ants anymore. Please remember that God made us in His image and likeness. He is not an ant, so that is a bad comparison. We may be like little babies - weak and not wise like Him - but in His image and He loves us beyond measure.

His being humble enough to come to us, take on a human body, suffer, and die is part of Him being humble. And part of the proof of His love for us.

And according to the Bible, Mary was surprised this could happen too. But the prophets told us about it in the Old Testament.

I am praying for you.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

His earthly mother, of the flesh, not of His Spirit or Soul, He's eternal.
He said in Genesis about Jesus: the seed of the woman, a woman doesn't have seed.

Upvote 0

Protomartyr Alban

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!
Jul 14, 2014
Essex
✟9,278.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've not read every single comment here, so someone may have addressed this already, and you may have responded to them already, but I've heard Muslims say these exact same things. Are your Muslim friends influencing you? Don't give in to Islam's idol of "logic".

Upvote 0