USA
✟16,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I had an NDE in which I went to heaven. I described this on another post on another thread somewhere. It was the most beautiful place I'd ever seen and I didn't want to go back. The colors, the flowers, the sense of peace was just...unbelievably beautiful. I can't even find words to justify how peaceful this place was. Basically I stopped breathing/my heart stopped and I felt my body 'leave' my body through my solar plexus and I felt myself rise up into..I don't know how to even describe it, but I was in another place for sure, like another dimension. I did not want to come back, I was intent on staying. I was told basically, "If you want to stay, you can, but we would like you to go back. It has to be in His time, not yours." I was really not happy about this at all, but I said, ok, I'll go back. And I felt my body literally hit my body in my stomach and I sucked in this deep breath and it felt like I'd been kicked hard in the stomach like one of those punches to your abdomen that makes you lose your senses.

I honestly have no Bible passages for this, or even if there are any. I never thought to look but trusted my experience as divine guidance. Several times in the hospital I'd stopped breathing before, so I know unfortunately I died this time as I'd just gotten released after a long recovery time from multiple broken bones. What's really strange about this whole thing, is that I've seen these beings in white before when in my worst moments of my life. I'd go to bed and wake up with the most vivid dream still going on of these very same figures talking to me throughout my life. It's quite possible this could be a mind thing as a way to alleviate stress, but at the same time, I've felt them around me before while awake. So, do we go to heaven, or a resting place? I honestly believe there are as Christ says, where I am going there are many mansions. I do believe that after an extremely hard life, people go back and basically 'recuperate' their souls as it were before going on to the next journey.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Okay what do you believe happens when we die? Do we go straight to the Lord or do we rest until He comes back?......I would really like to see scripture back up either case so we all can draw wisdom from this.

2 Corinthians 5:8
"we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord."

2 Corinthians 5
"For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven, inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked."

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." II Cor 5:8

But we've no idea when this "...absent from the body..." actually occurs because death is when both the spirit and soul leaves the body permanently - James 2:26 "For as the body without the spirit is dead,..." and 1 Kings 17:21-22 "And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the Lord, and said, O Lord my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again."22 And the Lord heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived."

Since the to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord Scripture is true for believers and when we consider that there were resurrections in The Bible, some near death experiences have to be real.

Ruthie24, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay what do you believe happens when we die? Do we go straight to the Lord or do we rest until He comes back?......I would really like to see scripture back up either case so we all can draw wisdom from this.
both :)

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
We continue to have bodily expression.

Physical death of the body is just a transition necessitated for a new context of life, a "graduation to glory." When our physical body dies we do not become disembodied spirits/souls. We "will not be found naked" (2 Cor. 5:3) without bodily covering, but will "put on the imperishable and immortal" (1 Cor. 15:53,54) body. We will not be left homeless, even though we "lay aside the earthly dwelling" (2 Peter 1:14) and "the earthly tent is torn down; we have a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens" and "will be clothed with our dwelling from heaven" (2 Cor. 5:1,2).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well what happens to those people that are not saved? Are they in two places at once?
sort of lol.to us here in time...they wait
to them there in eternity they suffer

the saved to us here in time...they wait(sleep)
to them there in eternity they are in paradise awaiting their new body.

in time its then,now,later.

in eternity,all is now.

-my present perception.:)

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There was the account Jesus gave of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16 where He states that after death they each went to their places, and were aware and had conversations, and we find from the story the time frame was when the rich man's brothers were still alive.

On the mount of transfiguration, Moses and Elijah appeared, had they been asleep, they could not have appeared.

In Revelation 6 and again in 7, there are shown a great many people who have been killed in the Tribulation standing before the Throne, asking God when He would avenge their death, and they are told to wait until the full number to be killed has been completed.

Jesus teaches in Matthew 22 concerning the Sadducees question about the resurrection of the dead. He told them they were wrong concerning the the resurrection being for the dead, but that God was not the God of the dead, but of the living, that He is (still current) the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Job, in his affliction, lost 7,000 sheep, 3,000 camels, 500 yoke of oxen, and 500 donkeys (Job 1:3) and 10 children. In his restoration (Job 42), we are told God gave him twice as many as he had before:

14,000 sheep (7,000 *2)
6,000 camels (3,000 *2)
1,000 yoke of oxen (500 *2)
1,000 donkeys (500 *2)
and 10 children :confused:

The animal numbers were doubled when Job received twice the amount, because his other animals were no more, but he received only 10 children, rather than 20, because his first 10, although dead to him, were still living to the Lord (10 + 10 = 20).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sonicwhite

CrazyCatMan
Nov 27, 2009
✟15,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been tormented by the thought that I died in 05 and I was at the judgment but was given a second chance. I called the EMT and got very little info there. The hospital makes it very hard for me to get info.....All I know is I took 5 XTC pills because I was psychotic and I could see death in everything. Like dawn of the dead. I didn't want to suffer but I got picked up by the cops and was ran thru the jail. They tried to put a catheter in me but couldn't also they took a sample of my blood and said it was changing colors so I'm thinking they have a device that can tell if there is drugs in your system. I was shot in both veins in the forarms with this gun that had a vile on it....I remember being able to look out the skylight of this very dirty ambulance saying, dear Heavenly Father please forgive me of my sins......I don't know if I meant it or what but I wake up in detox and my skin was turning a dark green.....I went thru what only I can describe as hell....For seven months I was out of it. spent two months in jail not even knowing how to use the phone. A year passes by and I accept Christ truly into my heart.......I just think God was almost done with giving me chances but I love HIM so much for giving me the chance to hear and accept His salvation.

Upvote 0