I'm back from Iraq!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Welcome home to America and to the forum, and all the blessings and best wishes for your upcoming marriage and a marvelous future.

From one soldier to another soldier, who knows that our Lord Jesus Christ protects His Children everyhwere.

Are you a Regular soldier?

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God brought me back from Iraq EARLY!! Woohoo! So now I'm onward bound to my bride and a MARVELOUS future!

COME ON NOW! SHOW A BROTHA SOME LOVE!!!
Great! :thumbsup:
I think you were that Guy that wanted to get a motorcycle?
I think...:)

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome back therebelprophet! :wave:

Did you make it back in one piece?

Good one mate! My Brother in law came home in May...this will be his first Christmas home in 3 years!

Glad you're home in one piece :)

Yep! I made it home in one piece. I was on Balad Air Base, which has the ominous and ironically cheery-sounding nickname "Mortaritaville", but we didn't get much mortar fire while I was there. Our boys have really cleaned up the area.

Welcome home to America and to the forum, and all the blessings and best wishes for your upcoming marriage and a marvelous future.

From one soldier to another soldier, who knows that our Lord Jesus Christ protects His Children everyhwere.

Are you a Regular soldier?

As of right now, no, I am not a regular soldier. I was in Iraq as a civilian working for the Army. I was a mechanic and I worked on military cargo trucks. BUT I do plan on joining the Army in another year or two.

Great! :thumbsup:
I think you were that Guy that wanted to get a motorcycle?
I think...:)

Yes! I WAS that guy! Wherefore dost thou ask?

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Glad you made it back therebelprophet.
budhug_smilie.gif

[move]
chopper_smilie.gif
[/move]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟24,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I respect even the civilians who volunteer to go into harms way. I imagine the payday was pretty decent, or I hope it was. By doing the mechanical wok you freed up soldiers who are then able to do the work of occupation and cleanup of the country into a safe place to live. Bravo for your work. Welcome back. I applaud your intention to go uniformed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Glad you made it out alive and in one piece! Moriah's son will be deploying in about 8 more months, so says the schedule. He doesn't know where yet, but thinks it might be Afghanistan. :(

Anyway thank you for risking your neck and working hard for us over there. Welcome home and congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Upvote 0

IKTCA

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2003
✟18,959.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
OP,
Can I ask you a question about a Bible passage? Can you explain the the word "soldier"?

......Archippus, our fellow soldier (Philemon 2)

I am sure priority changes quickly as a soldier enters a battle field. If I am not a "Christian soldier" I must be a "Christian civilian." And I know there is no place for the latter in the Kingdom.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow. Your post has stirred something deep within me.

Yes, your priorities do change when you enter the battlefield. The mission is top priority. Nothing else matters more. Not wounds, not bullets...not even death. It's all about the mission. A true soldier knows that. His thoughts about it are inconsequential. A soldier does what he is told and focuses on the mission. If the mission is successful, so is he, regardless of what losses he might incur along the way. Failure is not an option because the soldier knows that he is being called on to give everything to the mission that is required to complete it, even if that means giving "the last full measure of devotion," namely, his life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.