Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
one of these

YouTube - ‪chinchilla massage‬‏

The one here with me is really skittish, but he really likes goldfish crackers :D

(He's very smart...wow. He plays with my hair if I put my head next to him and also puts his back to me because he's pouting today.) This is the first one I've ever been around. Anyone have any stories on these little guys?

Reactions: Miles

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've never owned a chinchilla, but I've petted a few. They're neat little critters. :thumbsup:

YouTube - Cat gives Chinchilla a bath

Chinchillin_Fullpic_1.gif

Reactions: BRISH
Upvote 0
M

MarkSB

one of these

YouTube - ‪chinchilla massage‬‏

The one here with me is really skittish, but he really likes goldfish crackers :D

(He's very smart...wow. He plays with my hair if I put my head next to him and also puts his back to me because he's pouting today.) This is the first one I've ever been around. Anyone have any stories on these little guys?

Hahahaa, cool.

Nope, no stories here. The only time I've ever seen them is in the pet store.

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I LOVE that picture. This one here that I have has his own facebook. I think I will have to suggest this above pic to become his new profile pic. ^_^ He really is a neat little thing. I didn't go near him for a while because I don't like mice nor mice-like animals. Sadly I'm just now getting around him because I had to and he's soo not a "mouse". For those wondering, I would say that they are like a mix between a rabbit and a squirrel. It's soo intelligent.

Wow I've never even seen a chinchilla! What are they like? Friendly?

To MarkSB as well: I really don't know. :) I had never even heard of one till this one. The owner said that they are very sensitive and die of heart attacks frequently because they scare easily (sudden loud noises/stress) (I've been stressin on this one especially since his cage is near the front door. I'm sure it's not THAT bad, but heck if I know.

Um, he's very fast. He has a pretty large cage. I'm actually a little jealous of his "crib" and he just zooms from top to bottom so fast that I cant actually see him. You just see a blur. He grasps things like he might have a thumb. He's very human like in his behavior. Like I said above, he kept turning his back to me when I first got here. His owner said he will do that if he's not paid attention to and the owner left yesterday so lil chinchilla is sad. I think he's coming around. The goldfish really helped us break the ice. lol Seriously, so human like.

Yes, very very cute Irene! I don't even know where they come from. I'll have to google more on them.

Cript, did something in particular change your mind about wanting one or did the idea just fade?

Upvote 0