Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm so angry with God right now. I need his help, badly. I've been praying for his help for weeks. And I get nothing in return! Nothing! I always pray even when I don't need his help with anything. It does not make sense...

1st - what are you praying for?
We can help...by praying with you.
2nd - God tests us, and OR what you want may not be what He knows is good for you.
Be patient - and know He will come through for you...when the time is right.

Reactions: ccmission
Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tell God you are angry with Him, yell and scream at Him, express everything that you are feeling. God wants us to be honest with Him when we are praying, brutally honest, even if we have to yell, scream, demand, etc. He is God, He made us and He most certainly can handle our anger. Ask Him why He has not yet answered your prayer and ask Him to very clearly show you what is going on and what He wants you to do, ask Him to guide you and to please give you an answer or show you why He has not yet given you an answer.

Upvote 0

Awakened Sin

Dreadhead
Mar 10, 2015
Minnesota
✟15,472.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
1st - what are you praying for?
We can help...by praying with you.
2nd - God tests us, and OR what you want may not be what He knows is good for you.
Be patient - and know He will come through for you...when the time is right.
I've promised myself to not date until after high school, but I find myself wanting to break the promise. I ask God if this is the right promise and I get nothing from him. I was so close to breaking my promise and I didn't because the girl I wanted to date is a "player". Which made me even more mad because I wouldn't have felt love for this girl and God just helped me in the first place and told me not to pursue her. I asked him if I should date her, and I got nothing for him. I fell in love only to be crushed.

Tell God you are angry with Him, yell and scream at Him, express everything that you are feeling. God wants us to be honest with Him when we are praying, brutally honest, even if we have to yell, scream, demand, etc. He is God, He made us and He most certainly can handle our anger. Ask Him why He has not yet answered your prayer and ask Him to very clearly show you what is going on and what He wants you to do, ask Him to guide you and to please give you an answer or show you why He has not yet given you an answer.
The thing is I know I'm angry with him, but I just can't show my anger because I know there is a reason he's doing this. I know I'm contradicting myself but I just need his help and I get nothing. I ask him to give me clear signs.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've promised myself to not date until after high school, but I find myself wanting to break the promise. I ask God if this is the right promise and I get nothing from him. I was so close to breaking my promise and I didn't because the girl I wanted to date is a "player". Which made me even more mad because I wouldn't have felt love for this girl and God just helped me in the first place and told me not to pursue her. I asked him if I should date her, and I got nothing for him. I fell in love only to be crushed.

The thing is I know I'm angry with him, but I just can't show my anger because I know there is a reason he's doing this. I know I'm contradicting myself but I just need his help and I get nothing. I ask him to give me clear signs.
Silence is clear enough. It appears obvious she isn't your future but if she is - the time will be right when it is right.
I was your age once - and the impatience i had to date the ones i liked. Only to never date them, but in honesty - im so glad it didnt happen and someday you will look back and see the wisdom God was showing you by not assisting you in a mistake.
Give it time... God knows where your destiny lies and when the time will be right with the right person.
Patience.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Awakened Sin

Dreadhead
Mar 10, 2015
Minnesota
✟15,472.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Silence is clear enough. It appears obvious she isn't your future but if she is - the time will be right when it is right.
I was your age once - and the impatience i had to date the ones i liked. Only to never date them, but in honesty - im so glad it didnt happen and someday you will look back and see the wisdom God was showing you by not assisting you in a mistake.
Give it time... God knows where your destiny lies and when the time will be right with the right person.
Patience.
Paitence. You're right. That's why I made the promise. I've been having in the back of my mind that relationships aren't for me. And hope I don't get into one. But things change in 10 years so I may have a different outlook.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Paitence. You're right. That's why I made the promise. I've been having in the back of my mind that relationships aren't for me. And hope I don't get into one. But things change in 10 years so I may have a different outlook.
Well, just relax - live life and dont worry one way or the other - you will discover where God calls you some day. No rush to get to it yet. Really, enjoy life now.
Ya know and this is so true - the more desperate you are - and frustrated - the less likely you will find someone.
Its so weird - but thats really how it happens.
When you are not concerned or looking - the right time - the right person just happens.
God has His designs for you - whatever they are - you will know one day.

Been there - did so much. Trust me on patience. [Women can smell fear or desperation] Be confident - be happy - be carefree and just take life one day at a time.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I am laughing whilst writing this, but not because of your plight, but because of the absurdity of what I wanted as a little boy. But there is a point in telling this.

I Had to be around age 4, because when I was 5 an older kid ratted out the fact there was no Santa Claus. Scum bag.

But anyway. I watched Rudolph during the Christmas season and felt that I wanted to be an Elf. I mean a real Elf, one of Santas helpers. Riding in the sleigh,the whole deal. I had big Irish ears, so maybe that would help. Lol.

So as a good Catholic boy, i went to prayer, and I pleaded with God to make a way for me to be a well Elf. I prayed with deep intent. But yet God never answered my prayer. So I need to say that I never became an Elf.

We have a God that is, was and always will be. And God never laughed at me for my pleading request. But he did let time and maturity allow me to laugh at my naivete and youthful pleadings.

But this taught me something. Everytime I pray and feel a desperate yearning, and that life cannot poseibly go on without my needs met. As an infant in Christ, I will at some point look back and understand that God knew what was best for me, but he never laughed at me, but he let me grow and mature at the proper pace.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm so angry with God right now. I need his help, badly. I've been praying for his help for weeks. And I get nothing in return! Nothing! I always pray even when I don't need his help with anything. It does not make sense...
Sometimes God's answer to prayer is no, because he has a higher plan. It can be heartbreaking. I was having my teaching career destroyed by vicious gossip, and prayed with all my heart to God to protect me from my enemies. But my career was destroyed anyhow. (I'm currently in school to gain a certificate in a different line of work.) What helped me some is to tell God I was angry, and then admit that what I really felt was frustration and hurt, even abandonment. I used to read Psalm 13.

I understand that you really want to know if God approves of your dating rule. This doesn't seem to me to be the kind of prayer God answers. You see, God wants his children to learn to walk, and that means trying and falling down sometimes. Apply the best wisdom you can find to your decision, and be prepared to change your mind if new information comes up. I personally think you are doing just fine -- you resisted that player, which was so wise. God is proud of you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leslie B

Jun 27, 2015
✟8,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Read the book of Job and you will gain a lot of insight. It specificlly says that God will NOT answer someone who is angry with Him.

Please repent and humble yourself because God gives grace to the humble but resists the proud.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leslie B

Jun 27, 2015
✟8,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After you have humbled yourself, the Lord will give you understanding if you seek him through reading His word. So much wisdom is in the bible and the Lord wants to instruct us through it. Seek God and seek his words and turn away from any sin. Let God humble you so that he can lift you up.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
God instructs us thru His Church - with the Bible left as evidence written by - for - and decided which was canon by His Church. So reading it is great so long as you use Catholic references and foot notes for the ancient exegesis.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I see then you are very young ,but you know He is doing this for a reason.You en have some idea that it might be because you have the wrong attitude to girls .When we are not yet ready to take responsibility for someone elses happiness we tend to go for someone who seems to be worldy and whose heart we cannot break .This is of course an illusion as girls who are players are already hurt and angry ,but they will not show it .You did not love ,you 'fell in love' with an illusion ,a projection .You are not ready to love someone ;pray to be made ready ,be patient, and God will in time put someone in your path in time .
When we 'fall in love' it is a rather narcisistic thing .We want someone to think how wondeful we are :clap:

Your picture of Jesus offends me as it it look like a Hollywood ,gay pin.I don't care who painted it ,it is offensive . The 'why' you chose it needs to be considered ,for it givs away some of your inner self ,vanity ,perhaps ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Read the book of Job and you will gain a lot of insight. It specificlly says that God will NOT answer someone who is angry with Him.
Job says no such thing. At the end of the story, God rewards Job for having remained blameless throughout his trial.

God has no problems with us expressing our feelings; in fact he wants us to communicate with him honestly. He is not some abusive parent that gives us the silent treatment or punishes us if we become angry with him.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

Awakened Sin

Dreadhead
Mar 10, 2015
Minnesota
✟15,472.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I see then you are very young ,but you know He is doing this for a reason.You en have some idea that it might be because you have the wrong attitude to girls .When we are not yet ready to take responsibility for someone elses happiness we tend to go for someone who seems to be worldy and whose heart we cannot break .This is of course an illusion as girls who are players are already hurt and angry ,but they will not show it .You did not love ,you 'fell in love' with an illusion ,a projection .You are not ready to love someone ;pray to be made ready ,be patient, and God will in time put someone in your path in time .
When we 'fall in love' it is a rather narcisistic thing .We want someone to think how wondeful we are :clap:

Your picture of Jesus offends me as it it look like a Hollywood ,gay pin.I don't care who painted it ,it is offensive . The 'why' you chose it needs to be considered ,for it givs away some of your inner self ,vanity ,perhaps ?
I will always of course pray to be ready. Though, I not sure if I want to be ready, but time will only tell.

And you're the second person who finds this offensive on this site and I even have a painting of it at home. I do not find it offensive at all. I will not take it down, unless staff tells me so, I apologize. Anything else about the picture please, pm me. I'd rather not fill this thread with something that is one on one. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh, I got a better look at it... I don't know what it is... Lol. Sorry! I'm on my phone and I'm blind...
I think it's supposed to be a picture of Jesus sitting there. The problem is that this Jesus is a body builder, a little too nice for someone who was only a carpenter, with all his pecs and six pack there for us women to gawk at. This is why it is troublesome for some of us.

Upvote 0