Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It means stop judging yourself. We are all sinners saved by grace. God already judged ALL of your sin when Christ died upon that cross. Stop judging yourself, just be thankful to God for all he has done for you in Christ!

The more you stop trying to earn God's love, and realize that you already have it, and will have it forever, the more you will be motivated to reflect his perfect love in all areas of your life. Rest in the love of God, and stop looking to your performance! If you can do this then everything else will fall into place.

The more you focus on your sin, the more you will sin. The more you focus on Christ and his undying love for you, the more you will live out that love.

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're talking to someone who had a 20-21 year inappropriate content addiction. Found God and for 4 years went back into that garbage. From 2011 until maybe 2 weeks ago I stopped so I stumbled away even though I was asking God to forgive me it was more overpowering than the last time.

What brought me back was a new sense of clarity. I was suffering from some serious insomnia and I realize that I needed to get rid of that crap once and for all.

And now I have a new found lease on God. I even want to Minister sometime down the road but all I know is that inappropriate contento is a very very addictive thing that's hard to get rid of but now with this sense of clarity I know that not only was it wrong for me to go back to it but I really don't need it and I need something else to occupy my time such as focusing on expanding my knowledge of our Heavenly Father.

You're not alone on this. It's a gripping addiction but it can be beat if you put your faith in God himself.

Good luck my brother in Christ.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It means stop judging yourself. We are all sinners saved by grace. God already judged ALL of your sin when Christ died upon that cross. Stop judging yourself, just be thankful to God for all he has done for you in Christ!

The more you stop trying to earn God's love, and realize that you already have it, and will have it forever, the more you will be motivated to reflect his perfect love in all areas of your life. Rest in the love of God, and stop looking to your performance! If you can do this then everything else will fall into place.

The more you focus on your sin, the more you will sin. The more you focus on Christ and his undying love for you, the more you will live out that love.

This post is all that needs to be said, not only in response to the OP, but to every post and every Christian on the forum. If you understand the above you have all your questions answered. Seriously!

Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

My friend, that was just wonderful. May God keep working in you life.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0

leosocks

Jan 5, 2014
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

so true, many go crazy and leave due to guilt and feeling god will hate them thru religious dogma. i did this many time, then the calling would come back finally realizing that he was there the whole time.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I also have a perfectionist mind state due to my OCD. I'm worried that if I fall I'll just give up and view inappropriate contentography daily like I used to I've been free for awhile now (around 40 days) it's been Christ I can't overcome without him. Any advice would be much appreciated!

40 days! :thumbsup:

To God be the glory!
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
rejoice not against me oh my enemy ,though i fall,i shall arise...

-for i am made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

-not by works of righteousness which i have done but by grace i am saved

-Who so ever believes in me shall NOT perish but will Have everlasting life- Jesus

God loves your earnest ongoing desire to be victorious and makes you so in jesus,beyond your own ability. he loves your thirst to be righteous and accomplishes it for you - in Jesus.

-a smoldering wick he will NOT snuf out....

Upvote 0