Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I fear this world because of it's evils....I know Gods provision spreads above and beyond what I can imagine but, I hear about so many stories of child abduction. And school shootings that it makes me fear for them......I know God has a plan for me and I want to listen to what Paul says.....To only leave your matters to God and work for Him....No spouse or children because I would be like a Hen with her chicks and I don't think I'm strong enough for that.

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't want kids for the same reasons--these are perilous times, and I don't think they're gonna get any better until Christ somes back.

Check out the forum for Childfree Marriages. It's designated for couples, but they allow childfree singles to post there too.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
we have always lived in dangerous times and always will but that didn't stop your parents or grandparents etc etc...if you dont want children because you have no paternal feelings fair enough but to not have them because your scared of the world is crazy ..you are letting the devil and evil dictate your actions,Jesus loved children it shines through in the new testament so for me he would be all for you having children.live life and let life live through you

Reactions: dabro
Upvote 0

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
we have always lived in dangerous times and always will but that didn't stop your parents or grandparents etc etc...if you dont want children because you have no paternal feelings fair enough but to not have them because your scared of the world is crazy ..you are letting the devil and evil dictate your actions,Jesus loved children it shines through in the new testament so for me he would be all for you having children.live life and let life live through you

That's why Paul said to be more like him.....You wouldn't have to worry about the affairs of a wife and children......You strictly hold onto Christ....I know what your saying by being ruled by fear...I have OCD a disorder of doubts and fears so a lot of it stems from that...But, it is a valid concern not only for me but for others....

Upvote 0

nick garai

Feb 21, 2013
Surrey, British Columbia
✟10,173.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You shouldn't feel fer of having children. There are lots of evils in the world but there is still lots of good in it as well. Whatever kind of parent you fear you will be should not be reason to avoid having children. I have two of them (but I don't have custody over them). I am grateful of having them. Don't miss out on the opportunity to enjoy parenthood. It really is a blessing.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The statistics about violent crime show that crime has been going down since the middle ages. There are millions of household in the US and if something happens any where in the country its broad cast across most of the country. So there is really little chance of something happening to ones kids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 27, 2014
Texas
✟8,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's why Paul said to be more like him.....You wouldn't have to worry about the affairs of a wife and children......You strictly hold onto Christ....I know what your saying by being ruled by fear...I have OCD a disorder of doubts and fears so a lot of it stems from that...But, it is a valid concern not only for me but for others....

I used to have a lot of problems with OCD before I became a Christian but it has barely troubled me since and when those thoughts/actions do want to come I rebuke them in Jesus name and receive His promises and reject the things of the enemy. I'm a step Dad of a teenage girl and later this year my Wife will give birth. I used to have the same mindset as you, I know the times we live in. I never thought I would become a father and be where I am now. Of course I have worries but the perfect love of God casts out fear and I know God is in control and I trust where He is leading me.

Upvote 0