• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm addicted to cutting, any hope for me?

alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm so addicted to cutting and burning myself. Are there any hope for me to stop self injuring myself? Today I really tried to not burn myself at work but it was like trying to stop a bad addiction, though. My nerves got bad and I so wanted to relieve the stress by putting my hands down on the hot heating table or the hot grill. I work in a restuarant and some getting burned comes with the job. I tried to not get my dishwater so hot this time either. I just wanted to do something to settle my nerves. I tried to remember also to not carry the hot pans around bare handed but I missed the jolt of pain from the burns. The manager asked me about the cuts on my arm or scratches. I told her I did it not my cat. How do you stop a deadly addiction before it is too late? I had no way of slowing down my mind was racing 90 to nothing and I worked faster but couldn't concentrate very well. Burning would have relieved some of the stress. I got to where I couldn't tell how hot something was unless I saw a burn. People were trying to tell me when something was too hot but it didn't feel too hot to me. I have to stop this deadly addiction, one wrong cut could kill me and I not feel it till too late. What hope is there that I don't end up seeing my life's blood going down the drain. My pastor told me something last night about we have the authourity in Jesus' name to stop Satan's deadly attacks. There's something about the blood of Jesus, plead the blood I think. I seriously need help, I'm not talking about someone else's problem with cutting, just mine. Sure there are people who cut and can manage it I guess. But to me it is getting to be a serious addiction that not even doctors can help me with. Anybody can tell me about the blood of Jesus or the authority of believers or something like that?

Dec 16, 2004
Visit site
✟2,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
alilsa said:
I'm so addicted to cutting and burning myself. Are there any hope for me to stop self injuring myself? Today I really tried to not burn myself at work but it was like trying to stop a bad addiction, though. My nerves got bad and I so wanted to relieve the stress by putting my hands down on the hot heating table or the hot grill. I work in a restuarant and some getting burned comes with the job. I tried to not get my dishwater so hot this time either. I just wanted to do something to settle my nerves. I tried to remember also to not carry the hot pans around bare handed but I missed the jolt of pain from the burns. The manager asked me about the cuts on my arm or scratches. I told her I did it not my cat. How do you stop a deadly addiction before it is too late? I had no way of slowing down my mind was racing 90 to nothing and I worked faster but couldn't concentrate very well. Burning would have relieved some of the stress. I got to where I couldn't tell how hot something was unless I saw a burn. People were trying to tell me when something was too hot but it didn't feel too hot to me. I have to stop this deadly addiction, one wrong cut could kill me and I not feel it till too late. What hope is there that I don't end up seeing my life's blood going down the drain. My pastor told me something last night about we have the authourity in Jesus' name to stop Satan's deadly attacks. There's something about the blood of Jesus, plead the blood I think. I seriously need help, I'm not talking about someone else's problem with cutting, just mine. Sure there are people who cut and can manage it I guess. But to me it is getting to be a serious addiction that not even doctors can help me with. Anybody can tell me about the blood of Jesus or the authority of believers or something like that?
Hi there!

"Are there any hope for me to stop self injuring myself?"

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! It's one of the things that Jesus shed His blood for!!!! Jesus wants you to be FREE from that weakness and walk in victory in every area of your life!!! :amen:

This cutting thing (self mutilation) is something from the enemy. I believe it's called an iniquity; I call it "Satan sponsored sin." An iniquity is like a sinful habit that is fed by the enemy. Lust, anger, alcoholism and many addictions are some examples of common iniquities. They can seem almost impossible to break on your own (which you've already found out).

Personally, I've experienced compulsive evil thoughts that would be totally against my nature. Then I even felt desires come at me to speak out those thoughts!! The 'real me' would NEVER do such a thing!!! :sick: It was 100% from the enemy!! But thank God, Jesus shed His blood so we can be set free!! :thumbsup:

Mind if I ask some questions? Maybe I can help you identify where the root of this problem is, so you'll have a better idea of what needs to be broken here. :)

When did this start? How did it start? Was there anything 'weird' that happen when this started (messing around with something strange in the spiritual realm, something creepy happen, etc.)? Did your parents or grandparents have a similar problem?

Was there any involvement in the occult (or anything to do with the demonic realm) in either your life, or your parents or grandparents or great grandparents? There are some sins listed in Deut 27:15-26 that will bring a curse. There are some sins that are more serious then others; and some are big door openers to the enemy.

You are also on the right track about the Blood of Jesus and our authority in Jesus over the enemy! There's a book titled The Believer's Authority by Kenneth E. Hagin that is AWESOME, it's a small book (and only costs about $5), but loaded with powerful information about our authority in Jesus over the enemy!! Iniquities are one of the things that Jesus shed His blood for!! (Isa 53:5)!

If you could give me a little better background of how this got started, and where you think it came from; I would love to help you get an idea of how to break free from it! :)

In Christ,
Bobby

Upvote 0

alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Its not a generational curse if that is what you mean. But if you mean about the self injuring, where did it come from. I been around alot of kinds of abuse through out my life. Especially bad stuff when I was a child and older. Physical abuse, sexual abuse, verbal abuse, Christian ritual abuse and stuff. I picked up the splitting in a church I used to go to where I got abused. But at the present, the burning was a way at work to deal with the stress. I just got where I was altering my state of conscienceness when I picked up a really hot pan and it got harder to concentrate. I then didn't really know why I cut my wrist at work with people around me. It was a cry for help and nobody seemed to notice. I caused my arm to bleed in church last night, didn't mean to, though. I know I just have to stop before I kill myself. Med and Docs don't help and church people tend to give up on me. I just hope that God hasn't given up on me, too.

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My dear dear friend...my love for you....if I could, I would pour out my blood for you so that you might now continue this...but since that is not possible...I pray that today will be the last day of this hurt you cause your body. If need be...turn yourself into a mental hospital....it may be the only way. Get talk therapy...meds, anything...anything but the burns and cuts that you bring on. God can stop this...keep trying to stop...call on the name of God...you can do it. PM me when you feel like cutting or burning...I know at work you can't do that...but when you are at home....get help for this....God does love you and he can help you.

I love you so very much...please PM me sometime....Lauren

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
alilsa said:
Med and Docs don't help and church people tend to give up on me. I just hope that God hasn't given up on me, too.
Hey! God will NEVER give up on you! NEVER EVER EVER! And neither will I...talk to me..PM me...we can talk about this...I will try to help you until the life runs out of me.

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sweetie,

God will never, ever give up on you. You might give up, but God won't. "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Get your Bible and read Romans 8:38-39. Try to memorize it.

I have cut in the past. I understand that release you feel. There are other, healthy ways to feel that. Take a walk. Meditate. Listen to Pachelbel's Canon. Swim. Run. Lift weights. These are all healthy ways to cope with the negative feelings you are experiencing.

Hugs,
Madison

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2004
Visit site
✟2,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
alilsa said:
Its not a generational curse if that is what you mean. But if you mean about the self injuring, where did it come from. I been around alot of kinds of abuse through out my life. Especially bad stuff when I was a child and older. Physical abuse, sexual abuse, verbal abuse, Christian ritual abuse and stuff. I picked up the splitting in a church I used to go to where I got abused. But at the present, the burning was a way at work to deal with the stress. I just got where I was altering my state of conscienceness when I picked up a really hot pan and it got harder to concentrate. I then didn't really know why I cut my wrist at work with people around me. It was a cry for help and nobody seemed to notice. I caused my arm to bleed in church last night, didn't mean to, though. I know I just have to stop before I kill myself. Med and Docs don't help and church people tend to give up on me. I just hope that God hasn't given up on me, too.
Hi there!

Iniquities and curses do not always come from your ancestors. Often they are handed down, but that is not always the case; they can start during our own lives as well. I know abuse is a hard situation, because it makes it hard to release (forgive) those who have hurt you, but if you hold it against them in your heart, then it creates a roadblock for the forgiveness of your own sins. :(

How do you feel toward those who hurt you? I understand that it's not easy to forgive sometimes, but I know it's no option, unless we want to be cut off from God's forgiveness (Mark 11:26), and according to Jesus' parable in Matthew 18:23-35, it opens us up to the tormentors (enemy). :sigh: If you have a very hard time with forgiving them, I urge you to read a book titled Bait of Satan by John Bevere. It helped me look at things in a whole new light! It's not always easy to forgive, but the rewards are great!! :)

God hasn't given up on you!! If He did, you wouldn't be here!! :wave: It's the enemy that has fed you that lie. One of his common tactics is to make a person feel distant from God. And instead of seeing God as a loving, merciful God, they see Him as a cruel taskmaster that is never satisfied with them. How can you have a loving relationship with Him, if you don't see Him as a Father in heaven that loves you? The truth is that the Father loved us so much, that He sent His son to DIE so that we may be free to live a life in 100% victory!! He deeply loves us, and He wants to be close to us!! :hug:

In Christ,
Bobby

Upvote 0