KatyAD111

Jun 1, 2010
United States...Richmond VA
✟8,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I hope I'm not going to get in trouble for this, I'm not trying to start anything....but here is what has made me upset....

A few weeks ago, I put up a message in the catholic forums, about the baptism of the holy spirit. Basically giving my testimony of how God has helped me through the baptism of the holy ghost.

..A bout a day later, I got a note from the christian forms reminding me not to share my beliefs with other Christians that do not share the same beliefs.

This kind of bothers me, I never would have been able to get the baptism of the holy spirit if i was never told. And the baptism of the holy spirit is not well known to the catholic church. (I know this because I've been to them...they have lovely services. However, they don't seem to incur rage people to read the bible and seek the Lord. Or at least not the one i went to, they all might be a little different.) We all know what is in the bible is true...and the baptism of the holy spirit is in the bible. I just don't get it. I don't understand, why am I being "corrected" for letting other christians know, what God wants them to know.

GBU
-Katy

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I hope I'm not going to get in trouble for this, I'm not trying to start anything....but here is what has made me upset....

A few weeks ago, I put up a message in the catholic forums, about the baptism of the holy spirit. Basically giving my testimony of how God has helped me through the baptism of the holy ghost.

..A bout a day later, I got a note from the christian forms reminding me not to share my beliefs with other Christians that do not share the same beliefs.

This kind of bothers me, I never would have been able to get the baptism of the holy spirit if i was never told. And the baptism of the holy spirit is not well known to the catholic church. (I know this because I've been to them...they have lovely services. However, they don't seem to incur rage people to read the bible and seek the Lord. Or at least not the one i went to, they all might be a little different.) We all know what is in the bible is true...and the baptism of the holy spirit is in the bible. I just don't get it. I don't understand, why am I being "corrected" for letting other christians know, what God wants them to know.

GBU
-Katy
Possibly it came across as correcting them. If you were Catholic it would be different but you're not. The same thing happens in this forum when a Catholic comes and tries to tell us about the Holy Mary, or a Baptist tries to tell us that speaking in tongues is dead and done away, etc..

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you come into my house and you don't want to take your shoes off, you won't be invited in.

Those are the guidelines you agree to when you join. If you don't like it, then you shouldn't have joined or you should stay in the areas that your welcome into.

It's not the leading of the Holy Spirit to share, and if you can't take the correction, it's rebellion.

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2015
✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you come into my house and you don't want to take your shoes off, you won't be invited in.

Those are the guidelines you agree to when you join. If you don't like it, then you shouldn't have joined or you should stay in the areas that your welcome into.

It's not the leading of the Holy Spirit to share, and if you can't take the correction, it's rebellion.

Maybe you could have worded that better, sounds aggressive.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Lol rebellion fantastic.
Lately I read a statement that you're not to promote deliverance. Dunno if that was on cf as a whole or just a part but they never remove my posts and I posted ministers who pray for deliverance a lot. How else can people know?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lol rebellion fantastic.
Lately I read a statement that you're not to promote deliverance. Dunno if that was on cf as a whole or just a part but they never remove my posts and I posted ministers who pray for deliverance a lot. How else can people know?

Start your own blog, post on facebook, tweet, instagram, do what you want. But to have your own agenda when you're on a different site is similar to being offended you can't sell your cookies in the middle of someone else's bakery.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Start your own blog, post on facebook, tweet, instagram, do what you want. But to have your own agenda when you're on a different site is similar to being offended you can't sell your cookies in the middle of someone else's bakery.

lol. Dats funny. Accurate but funny

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith

GBU
-Katy

I am confused at the forum official saying we can't voice our beliefs to other Christians, it's not like we were discussing it with hindus, or budist, or any one other than Christians.

We voice our theology here all the time, and many times it's not what others believe

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I am confused at the forum official saying we can't voice our beliefs to other Christians, it's not like we were discussing it with hindus, or budist, or any one other than Christians.

We voice our theology here all the time, and many times it's not what others believe

I think it's about posting against the teachings of a specific forum. Each Congregational forum has it's own SOP.

EG. Teaching against the gifts of the Holy Spirit would be teaching against this forum's SOP, but it looks like teaching for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is against the SOP of the forum the OP posted in. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

As a former Roman Catholic I would like to say to you God Bless You. The Lord will reward you for your faithful witness and some catholics I'm sure will be on the path to freedom in Christ in part by what you shared with them. I still pray for relatives I have still in the RCC and pray that the Holy Spirit would fill them and free them. Please pray for them also.

God Be with you:)

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Just become friends with the baker and sell them anyway or when it's very busy and he doesn't notice: Hey pssssst want a cooky? Mine are much better and for free.
Once there was a guy on cf who wanted to commit suicide because of wrong medication all of a sudden. He had visions of using razor blades. I had a similar experience. So I know it's forbidden here but I said throw it away, don't take that stuff and here you have T.B. Joshua, listen to him. They removed my post but he read it and sent a pm to thank me because it was instantly gone.
You can always send a pm to someone or invite them to another place where you are allowed to speak about the Holy Spirit or put it in theology or something where they also come.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Just become friends with the baker and sell them anyway or when it's very busy and he doesn't notice: Hey pssssst want a cooky? Mine are much better and for free.
Once there was a guy on cf who wanted to commit suicide because of wrong medication all of a sudden. He had visions of using razor blades. I had a similar experience. So I know it's forbidden here but I said throw it away, don't take that stuff and here you have T.B. Joshua, listen to him. They removed my post but he read it and sent a pm to thank me because it was instantly gone.
You can always send a pm to someone or invite them to another place where you are allowed to speak about the Holy Spirit or put it in theology or something where they also come.

Sure, but that doesn't make someone any less a liar for agreeing to the rules. If God can bless what He has cursed so be it. It is rebellion, and God probably says nothing about that in the Bible.

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am convinced that the Catholics are good people, but they do not like for you to tell them what to do.

They experience the Holy Spirit and still listen to a man tell them what to do instead of reading it for themselves.
They lift up their hands and worship the Lord, they have soaking music, they have bible studies, they have fellowship,
they help the poor, they take stands against same sex marriage and abortion, they give to the church, they have brothers
and sisters dedicated to the one they love, Jesus.

I use to be a janitor in the Catholic church, yet I was not a convert to their faith. I went to a Calvary Chapel type of church.
I was even in the Catholic Holy Spirit movement in San Diego back in the late 80's.

They don't have it all together yet, just love them, forgive them and hold not grudges against them.

That is the true doctrine of God.

Reactions: lindart
Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No one likes being told they're wrong, which is why the forums were divided into 'faith homes.' No one should have to feel they're not save in their own home, and we've all agreed to that.

I am convinced that the Catholics are good people, but they do not like for you to tell them what to do.

They experience the Holy Spirit and still listen to a man tell them what to do instead of reading it for themselves.
They lift up their hands and worship the Lord, they have soaking music, they have bible studies, they have fellowship,
they help the poor, they take stands against same sex marriage and abortion, they give to the church, they have brothers
and sisters dedicated to the one they love, Jesus.

I use to be a janitor in the Catholic church, yet I was not a convert to their faith. I went to a Calvary Chapel type of church.
I was even in the Catholic Holy Spirit movement in San Diego back in the late 80's.

They don't have it all together yet, just love them, forgive them and hold not grudges against them.

That is the true doctrine of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one likes being told they're wrong, which is why the forums were divided into 'faith homes.' No one should have to feel they're not save in their own home, and we've all agreed to that.
Yes well if you don't do that you get a lot of fights. On Dutch forums there aren't many people and there's always fights. I told them to do it like they do it here and they listened and it stopped. I think they've got a lot of experience here.

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I know for a fact that some Catholics accept the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. And it is not put under a rug so to speak.

A friend of my Dad's was a spirit filled Catholic and he was accepted in the diocese (correct term?). But of course just as with Protestants there is disagreement on this. They held healing services which our family went to at times.

Upvote 0

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think you have every right to be upset, provided you shared your faith in the proper manner in the first place , and provided you don't make a habit out of it. ppl who have been around for awhile know that only 2% of all christians witness. two percent! yet, its the Great Commission no less. I got a warning for doing the same thing once, years ago, its laughable really. we can't "share" certain aspects of our faith to other groups, (unless its in certain sub-threads or whatever) yet we can tear each other apart over Hinn or Bentley like a pack of wolves? Laughable.

"But you signed a TOS when you joined CF."

You're going to really compare that with the great commission, really? Now THAT'S laughable.

If you do it constantly, I agree it's not the HG. (All things in order, etc) But I don't think anyone can judge for the occasional "urging" despite the TOS.

Now some will come & lash me to the cross attached to a pyre demanding I see this as "sin" or wrong, to which I say "I can not, I will not recant. Here I stand."

TL;DR ppl get their nose bent out of shape for no reason at all, let them.

Upvote 0