I'm a little dissapointed

Mar 1, 2006
✟15,144.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So I have finaly decided to join a religious forum. And I am in the process of writing a book on Martin Luther with citation and bibliography.

And so I saw a post in the "Denominational Debates" section that examined the "Darker side of Martin Luther"

I wrote an entire 4 page response as to the following topics:

1) Why did Luther side with the goverment during the Pesant Wars of the 1520s

2) Luther's opinion of the Epistle of James

3) And Luther's controversial writings on Jews

I was rather pleased that it would be my first post, but sadly, when I hit the submit button, it said that I needed 100 posting before I could post anything in that section.

And thus, I almost lost 4 pages of text that I had written (but I saved it earlier). I can fully understand the reasoning behind this rule, as there are many immature and bias posters who post egriously wrong and hateful things against other religions, but I was still a little bit taken back by it saying that I was not allowed to post there.

So now I'm here.

I have 99 more post to go.

Mar 1, 2006
✟15,144.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well. For my 2nd post, I am a rookie theologian. I enjoy debates that revolve around the relationship between the Law of the OT and it's relationship to faith in the NT.

I'm a fairly open minded sort of guy. I'm not one to go out and attack other people's religions for no good reason.

For example, about the Communion/Eucharist - there is a lot of difference on this issue. Some say that it "Is the body of Christ" while others say "It is a historical event"

I like those debates, but I'm not willing to attack another poster like I have seen in some of the internet topics. Hey, if Catholics want to see it that way, that's cool with me and I'll talk about it. If Presbyterians believe in Calvin's predestination and Elect, that's cool too. I'll try to talk about that too.

I'm also pretty cool with other non-Christian religions too and I'm not someone that goes around to attack another religion.

So I look forward to the diversity here on the internet.

I also beleive we should take part in social justice on issues such as poverty. I like to concentrate on poverty in particular.

My favorite gospel is Luke, but I also like John.

My favorite verses are in John 8:1-11

My favorite theologians are: John Wesley and William
Barclay

My favorite church: Anyone that talks good about other churches that aren't of the same denomination

Favorite Preacher: Rick Warren

Favorite Social Worker: Mother Theresa

My favorite character in OT: Hezekia

My favorite character in NT other than Christ: Luke

Hmm...What else...

...Well nice meeting ya.

Upvote 0

themodfather

Jan 8, 2006
England
✟8,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
CatsandCradles said:
So I have finaly decided to join a religious forum. And I am in the process of writing a book on Martin Luther with citation and bibliography.

And so I saw a post in the "Denominational Debates" section that examined the "Darker side of Martin Luther"

I wrote an entire 4 page response as to the following topics:

1) Why did Luther side with the goverment during the Pesant Wars of the 1520s

2) Luther's opinion of the Epistle of James

3) And Luther's controversial writings on Jews

I was rather pleased that it would be my first post, but sadly, when I hit the submit button, it said that I needed 100 posting before I could post anything in that section.

And thus, I almost lost 4 pages of text that I had written (but I saved it earlier). I can fully understand the reasoning behind this rule, as there are many immature and bias posters who post egriously wrong and hateful things against other religions, but I was still a little bit taken back by it saying that I was not allowed to post there.

So now I'm here.

I have 99 more post to go.
hello and welcome to cf

Upvote 0

""

Jul 8, 2005
✟27,472.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
welcomeblinkiea1.gif

I'm so happy that you found your way here. :hug:

Don't give up. You'll get to those 100 posts in no time at all. You'll find a lot of forums with topics that make it quite easy to build up posts.

comebacksoon.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JulianaTheory

Feel worthless? To God, U were worth One Jesus!
Aug 2, 2005
Texas
✟30,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome! I'm glad you joined us here!!! =)

As passionate as you were about writing those four pages....just be that passionate about posting. You'll get there before you know it! It will be sooo worth it too.

Sounds like you're off to a great start around here. It's so nice to have ya!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.