Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If I stay home, (which I had seriously considered), I'll be helping Hillary win the White House. It will be more of an anti-Hillary vote rather than a pro-Trump vote.

That's right, folks. I'll be voting for the clown. I never thought it would come to this.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If I stay home, (which I had seriously considered), I'll be helping Hillary win the White House. It will be more of an anti-Hillary vote rather than a pro-Trump vote.

That's right, folks. I'll be voting for the clown. I never thought it would come to this.

LOL!

You have just given me a heart attack...

I'm floored :swoon:

what in the world got into you Bear?

You likes clowns too?

:D

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Everybody has their reasons, and your reasons are as good as anybody else's reasons. You have no interest in Johnson as a third alternative?

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
That may your decision, but I did not ask you. I bet you don't think Trump is a clown, do you?
Clowns don't easily make billions of dollars.

However I don't know how effective he'd be in government, perhaps he would be a clown. I'm not sure why a businessman would be much worse than a lawyer at running the country though.

As someone who is in the UK, my main concern with Trump is his foreign policy, and his apparent opposition to nation-building and idealistic interventions gets my support, as it'd hopefully stop my own country from getting involved in stupid wars, and his Presidency could hopefully have a knock-on effect on elections around the globe.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Everybody has their reasons, and your reasons are as good as anybody else's reasons. You have no interest in Johnson as a third alternative?
Who is Johnson? The fact that I have to ask that question should say something about the candidate's chances of winning. The way I see it, the only thing these 'also-ran' candidates accomplish is to pull a small percentage of votes away from the main candidates.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Who is Johnson? The fact that I have to ask that question should say something about the candidate's chances of winning. The way I see it, the only thing these 'also-ran' candidates accomplish is to pull a small percentage of votes away from the main candidates.
Alright. Then your vote is not for Trump, but against Hillary. There is nothing else I need to know. It is a common thing I hear from most of my friends who choose Trump.

Gary Johnson, former NM Governor and Libertarian candidate.
http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
image.jpeg

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not just a clown, but a fascist clown:

As I have written before, to call him a fascist of some variety is simply to use a historical label that fits. The arguments about whether he meets every point in some static fascism matrix show a misunderstanding of what that ideology involves. It is the essence of fascism to have no single fixed form—an attenuated form of nationalism in its basic nature, it naturally takes on the colors and practices of each nation it infects...What all forms of fascism have in common is the glorification of the nation, and the exaggeration of its humiliations, with violence promised to its enemies, at home and abroad; the worship of power wherever it appears and whoever holds it; contempt for the rule of law and for reason; unashamed employment of repeated lies as a rhetorical strategy; and a promise of vengeance for those who feel themselves disempowered by history. It promises to turn back time and take no prisoners. That it can appeal to those who do not understand its consequences is doubtless true. But the first job of those who do understand is to state what those consequences invariably are. Those who think that the underlying institutions of American government are immunized against it fail to understand history.

New Yorker: Being Honest About Trump - Gopnik

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I stay home, (which I had seriously considered), I'll be helping Hillary win the White House. It will be more of an anti-Hillary vote rather than a pro-Trump vote.That's right, folks. I'll be voting for the clown. I never thought it would come to this.

What people don't get is that he's been growing his following for 20 years now.
Hillary doesn't even get this. She thinks she can make one snarly remark
and his support will evaporate. I've heard that same error from more
talking heads than I can count.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LOL!

You have just given me a heart attack...

I'm floored :swoon:

what in the world got into you Bear?

You likes clowns too?

:D
There is nothing jovial or humorous about my decision, brinny. Quite the opposite, it is with a heavy heart and much trepidation I've decided to vote this way.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There is nothing jovial or humorous about my decision, brinny. Quite the opposite, it is with a heavy heart and much trepidation I've decided to vote this way.

Would you care to elaborate?

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Horrible decision Trump or Hillary:eek: but given Trumps attitude on the environment, pro fossil fuels, pulling all support for renewables and climate change regs. His attitude to the 14 amendment and race relations, the promise to stack the Supreme Court with judges who would support the idea of America as a religious nation, not a secular one. Might I suggest a rethink?

There are so many reasons to not vote Trump. And Clinton? There is no evidence that you will not be able to vote her out next time, especially if the Republicans put up a candidate who is not populist demagogue, who's narcissism is unparalleled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

That's your choice.

But since the states actually elect the president through the Electoral College, if your state already leans heavily toward either Hillary or Trump, a protest vote for some third-party candidate might not go amiss. It won't affect the electoral vote at all, and you wouldn't have to grudgingly use your vote for somebody you can't stomach.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0