If you want to understand What the SDA church taught this video is for you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
popcornsme4.gif

Upvote 0

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Quite an interesting video. To cut to the chase, this video is mainly about the SDA's earlier teachings on the nature of God. According to this video the SDA Church originally taught a non-trinitarian doctrine, but changed it during the 1950s to appease the Evangelical churches so that the SDA Church would no longer be considered a dangerous cult by mainstream Christianity.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Now the real question is, is there any textual evidence for that claim?

I'm just guessing but the long and short of that would be no. Of course I've yet to watch the video all the way through, but considering its source, I'll stand by my statement.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I can't answer your question at the moment. Watch at the 20 minute mark. According to the video there is and they apparently reference it.

All this video has done from what I have seen is shown that some people within the church possibly held an erroneous idea of the God-Head. Even still it never goes into any detail about what their disagreements may have been, nor does it give any full references.

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now the real question is, is there any textual evidence for that claim?

Could this be,

Ellen White said:
The unity that exists between Christ and His disciples does not destroy the personality of either. They are one in purpose, in mind, in character BUT NOT IN PERSON. IT IS THUS THAT GOD AND CHRIST ARE ONE.

Upvote 0