If you eat bacon you won't live to see 86.

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sheridan: Ah, pecan butternut fudge!
Nurse: Oh, you shouldn't eat candy, it's bad for you.
Sheridan: My great aunt Jennifer ate a whole box of candy every day of her life. She lived to be 102 and when she'd been dead three days, she looked better than you do NOW.

^_^ *burn*

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
eb62ef517d753d92066397ce546835a1.jpg

Upvote 0

lunastella

only marginally interested
Site Supporter
Sep 7, 2010
✟51,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My great-grandmother died at 92 after smoking for 70+ years. Right up until the end there were people--friends, family, doctors--trying to get her to quit. I figure if you make it to 70, no one should tell you to do anything you don't want to do or try to get you to quit something you enjoy.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My great-grandmother died at 92 after smoking for 70+ years. Right up until the end there were people--friends, family, doctors--trying to get her to quit. I figure if you make it to 70, no one should tell you to do anything you don't want to do or try to get you to quit something you enjoy.
Yup. I found it humorous but also sad that as we get older people want us to give up many of life's pleasures, the things that make living each day enjoyable. We were supposed to be doing that when we were younger, so we could make it to this point. Once there, let's have all the bacon and ice cream we want. We've earned it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
An 85 year old guy told me his daughter told him this and he said she tries to not let him eat bacon. I told him if he's been eating it for 85 years he should probably keep at it if he likes it.

Should adult children start parenting their parents at a certain age?
That reminds me of the story about Jean ? the Frenchwoman, recorded as being the oldest on record who died around her 122 years birthday .Apparently she smoked a little with her wine .On visiting the doctor when she was 105 years he warned her that she should stop smoking, and she asked "why" ,and he said' it is bad for your health ".:ebil:

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought American bacon was nice, but, I didn't understand the obsession with it. Bacon donuts, bacon ice cream, bacon pancakes, chocolate dipped bacon.

If I were 85, I'd eat as I please, & have as much sex as possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
I will celebrate my 87th birthday in a couple of weeks. My doctor, perhaps a little presumptuously, says I will make 100.

My Sunday breakfast treat is eggs, mushrooms and bacon. Has been for most of my adult life.

The Irish side of my family refers to bacon as 'the fruit of the pig'. And we all know how important fruit is for our diet.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am getting ready to start that diet. Lots of people have lost tons of weight with it.

My boyfriend went on a Paleo diet that put him into ketosis while doing athletic training in high school, and it made him smell so funky. I actually went out and bought men's shower products and body spray as a "gift" for him (really a gift for my nose), and it didn't resolve the problem. His mom said his sheets had to be washed twice. My gosh. Ugh. I still adored him but he smelled like rotting fruit. It was like making out with durian. Once he started eating carbs again he totally smelled himself again.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
An 85 year old guy told me his daughter told him this and he said she tries to not let him eat bacon. I told him if he's been eating it for 85 years he should probably keep at it if he likes it.

Should adult children start parenting their parents at a certain age?
Yes. It´s the right time to give them some of their own medicine. ;)

Upvote 0