PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I still fall short in my walk. In order to live a sinless life, you'd have to be perfect as God is perfect. You can't fall short in anything. It's not likely this side of glory. It's a race and we're still running it. Until we reach the finish line, we're still short of it.

Upvote 0

Commander Xenophon

Member of the Admiralty
Jan 18, 2016
St. Louis, MO
✟3,959.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
No, it means the Genesis account utterances, hence why John 1 discusses this word of God as the creator of life. Obvious.

John 1:3 describes our Lord as the creator of all things, not just all life.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All who are chosen in the new covenant, will become perfected. Those who are not chosen, will not understand, and will never attain the perfection imparted by the holy spirit. Only 144,000 will be chosen and sealed out of the billions that have existed and exist on the earth, plus the 24, the 3, and the son of God. These will inherit the kingdom of the millennial.

You are Hebrew or Jewish? Which tribe?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to encourage you to reconsider your opinion that you are literally the only person who understands the Bible. Proverbs 12:15; Proverbs 18:1-2.
How dare you inject wisdom in this discussion! :)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does, havr you not read Revelation? And also, many are called, but few are chosen. It doesn't matter what you do, if you are not chosen, you will never be saved.

Using the plain reading of the 144,000 you would need to be a blood descendant of a Hebrew tribe.

Ancestry.com will do a DNA test for $89.95 to help you determine such.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Using the plain reading of the 144,000 you would need to be a blood descendant of a Hebrew tribe.

Ancestry.com will do a DNA test for $89.95 to help you determine such.
He is poor....he has sold all and given it away.....as he preaches.....except for internet of course.....

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, yet he who calls on the name of the Lord must've first believed, and he who believes would've also repented, and he who would've repented would've also humbled himself, and he who would've humbled himself would've also been baptized in holy spirit.... and thus such a one that has fulfilled all these things would've also been chosen to thus carry out all of these things. Anyone who is missing even the tiniest detail in the narrow path to life will not be saved.

Good run down. Now what does the above have to do with the 144,000?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My family comes from a line of Jews that migrated from Spain, so yes, I am of the line of Abraham, but I do not know which tribe I descend from, but I am also a gentile, as I am mixed with other ethnicities.

Revelation 14:

4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins.

I guess married folks are condemned.

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
cgaviria,
The reason I said your theology is useless is because it truly is. The true Gospel is a Gospel of hope. It has hope because salvation does not depend on us, it depends on God. If my salvation depended on me, then I am of most people, hopeless. Because I am a wicked sinner, and no matter how hard I try, I cannot please God. Sure, I can abstain from touching women who are not my wife, I can keep my hand from taking what belongs to another, I can keep from unlawful killing, and maybe lying to someone's face, but I cannot keep from offending God who sees my heart and knows the sin that invades my thoughts constantly. There is hope in the true Gospel because it does not depend on him who wills or him who runs, but on God who has mercy. Mercy because of what we all deserve because of our wicked hearts. For from within, out of our hearts proceed evil thoughts, adultery, fornication, murder, etc. You can say all you want about not being saved if we sin. I'd rather believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ which says we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Of course faith without works is dead. But those works don't gain the Spirit, they demonstrate He's already there.
Do you really think people here think it's okay to sin? That people can sin all they want? All we are saying is that if we sin, it's because we are evil. We will fight sin, we will hate sin, we will strive with all our might to please God and to live for His glory and honor, but only because God has enabled us by His Spirit. Your gospel has no hope for sinners, only fear and frustration. But the true Gospel is about grace. It's about the righteousness of Jesus Christ earned for hopeless men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nomadictheist

Alive in Christ
Feb 8, 2014
Home
✟21,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, only a few are chosen. 144,000 to be exact, plus the 3 patriarchs, the 24 elders which are the twelve tribe fathers and the 12 apostles, and of course the lamb of God. These are the elect that will inherit the kingdom to come.
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, with the seal of the living God, and he called with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm earth and sea, 3 saying, “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until we have sealed the servants[a] of our God on their foreheads.” 4 And I heard the number of the sealed, 144,000, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:

5 12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed,
12,000 from the tribe of Reuben,
12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
6 12,000 from the tribe of Asher,
12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali,
12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
7 12,000 from the tribe of Simeon,
12,000 from the tribe of Levi,
12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
8 12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun,
12,000 from the tribe of Joseph,
12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed.

9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”

13 Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?” 14 I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15 “Therefore they are before the throne of God,
and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore;
the sun shall not strike them,
nor any scorching heat.
17 For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd,
and he will guide them to springs of living water,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

A great multitude that nobody could number. Sounds like more than 144,000 to me.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You also need to humble yourself if you cry out to him, otherwise he will resist you, hence, "The LORD resists the proud, but gives favor to the humble". Humbling yourself means selling off properties and possessions. Just as they did in the early churches and how Jesus Christ instructed, "go and sell everything that you have, and follow me". That is true humbling of yourself.

Seems that YHWH says He will put His Spirit in us and CAUSE us to walk in His precepts.

Ezekiel 36:

24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. 29 I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses.

Upvote 0

QuietBeauty

Feb 4, 2016
The Internet
✟7,917.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe some of what you said however, We are still human and we still have a flesh body that we live in. We are not literally perfect, only our holy spirit is. Jesus did die for our sins --past,present & future so any time we sin now has already been forgiven. If that wasn't the case then no one would be right with God because everyone sins everyday. That doesn't mean that we should go about sinning just because. It means that any time we do sin, we are to ask the Lord for forgiveness,learn from it and then forget our sin because Jesus & God doesn't remember them so we shouldn't either. To say you are literally perfect is to say your Jesus which is not true. The holy spirit which lives inside of us is the one who never sins.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me ask you something buddy... are the angels that have not sinned perfect, yes or no?

We don't know if the angels who did not follow Satan are perfect. We do know they were and remain obedient.

Consider focusing on being a 'doulos' slave to Christ which is focusing on obedience.

Other than that we have some Easten Orthodox here who could steer you to a good monastery where you will learn to wait tables, eat potato stew three times a day, pray 10 hours a day and learn what it is to be humble.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody has said on here that they will continue to sin! All we have said is that as 'Humans' we are prone to it. We are weak. We dont want to sin and pray we dont but if we do, we know that God is there to forgive us.

There is much to be said about humility before a Holy God.

You do well here pointing that out. By God's Grace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
We don't know if the angels who did not follow Satan are perfect. We do know they were and remain obedient.

Consider focusing on being a 'doulos' slave to Christ which is focusing on obedience.

Other than that we have some Easten Orthodox here who could steer you to a good monastery where you will learn to wait tables, eat potato stew three times a day, pray 10 hours a day and learn what it is to be humble.

There are several good ones in North America: St. Anthony's in Florence, St. Anthony's in Barstow, Vashon Island, St. Sabbas, Holy Trinity Jordanville...

Of course a more extreme ascecis would be found on Mount Athos or in Valaam, Russsia. This also might be found in St. Anthony's in Egypt or St. Mary of Sinai, or Mar Mattai in Iraq. Real risk of martyrdom, too.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No buddy, obviously you are still alive, so there is always opportunity for repentance while you are still alive. I am telling you that you need to be baptized in holy spirit. Once you are baptized in holy spirit, you will never sin again, because this baptism removes evil desires from within you, which are the cause of sin. Get baptized in holy spirit!

John 3:

8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There are several good ones in North America: St. Anthony's in Florence, St. Anthony's in Barstow, Vashon Island, St. Sabbas, Holy Trinity Jordanville...

Of course a more extreme ascecis would be found on Mount Athos or in Valaam, Russsia. This also might be found in St. Anthony's in Egypt or St. Mary of Sinai, or Mar Mattai in Iraq. Real risk of martyrdom, too.
@cgaviria might want to take on the Iraq one....at least according to his posts.....

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thing is, businesses enable people to work and live so, if he gave it all away, people would be out of work and unable to live!

Not to mention build children's hospitals, hospices, which government struggles to fund.

Where do churches and church charities go to for the larger missionary funding? Yes men and women blessed with more.

If the rich hoard and don't release their bounty, then there is a problem.

Upvote 0