Colorado
✟18,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wyoming is actually beautiful (and great for people who like to be outdoors). My brother went to school there for a while.

I lived there for 21 years. I'm glad I'm in ColoRADo now. There are, I will admit, some awesome bits of countryside. But I'm really not a fan of the people.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
No, you're terribly wrong if you think that. Poli Sci 101 will teach you that.

I am talking of ideals and principles. The reality of modern-day American politics, lamentably, has created rather 'unitary' system of governance with which we are governed by, today. Both parties, GOP and Democratic, have been rather big proponents of Big Government and have steadily eroded States' Rights. Alas, the ideals of the Founding Fathers that I illustrated are rarely espoused and followed by few in modern-day times. :sigh: I know what I am talking about. I know and have taught History.

:sigh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

SpiritualAntiseptic

And yes, Texas can still secede. We are the only ones. It is a whole long and complicated reason that involves our previous legal standing, how we were admitted, and our current state and the U.S. constitution.
We really don't want to secede (most of the time).

They tried twice. The supreme court ruling in the 1880s determined they could not. Remember, Texas was admitted and then re-admitted to the union.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Excellent! I am not even a Texan by any standard, but I admire and empathise with Texas greatly. The free and independent Republic of Texas: What a concept---what a liberty!

:sigh:
'If only . . . '

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums