Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's explore that then. On the one hand a government, the USSR, that denounces God while simultaneously claiming the high moral ground ... power to the people - for the common good ... while piling up bodies by the tens of millions. On the other hand ... a few aberrant groups, such as the Westboro Baptist Church, which engage in ugly protest activities ... without actually killing anyone.

What about the Nazis? Their flag was red. Hitler claimed he had the Almighty on his side and that he was doing the right thing. Power to (his) people, and piled up bodies by the millions.

What if it was talking about Nazi Germany, instead of Communist Russia?

Christians have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

EVERY Christian? Including Westboro?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,245.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What about the Nazis? Their flag was red. Hitler claimed he had the Almighty on his side and that he was doing the right thing. Power to (his) people, and piled up bodies by the millions.

Actually Hitler fits pretty well in areas often ignored. Both supporting and destroying the Church, a seeming contradiction. And I believe there was a beast who could not be killed. The end result of several assassination attempts fits rather well there.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually Hitler fits pretty well in areas often ignored. Both supporting and destroying the Church, a seeming contradiction. And I believe there was a beast who could not be killed. The end result of several assassination attempts fits rather well there.

Well, yeah, but then that conflicts with calling communism the devil's economics ;)

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
LOL ... but you're not Christian ... so you haven't studied any of this, disciple. You're just throwing out a blanket denunciation.

As for vague ... not so much ...

So your book can only be discerned by Christians?

Interesting.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
You say that because you don't know what religion is vs. Christianity, a relationship with the Lord through the Holy Spirit.

No, I say that because I practically know Jesus' life and teaching by pure memory and because, unlike you, I know what "religion" means.

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
You say that because you don't know what religion is vs. Christianity, a relationship with the Lord through the Holy Spirit. Matthew 23 is a good place to start as far as picking up what I'm laying down.

Religion is the worship of a god, goddess or supernatural being.

Never once did your King speak out against worshiping God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure, yet you reject who He claims to be. I'm not buying what you selling.:)

All I'm "selling" is what he himself has said and done. You just don't want your precious, silly "anti-religion" mindset to be challenged.

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I reject you definition and the worlds definition of religion. Nice verbal yoga, by the way.

The definition is the from any dictionary.

And if you reject the dictionary then your words are empty and meaningless and so too is your spurious logic.

Have a pleasant day.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Nazi Germany fits prophecy very well ... but in a different sense than you propose.

THIRD BEAST

Dan 7:6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had alsofour heads; and dominion was given to it.

The FOUR notable Axis powers of WWII were Germany, Italy, Japan and Hungary. Little known fact is that Hungary was instrumental in creating the Axis alliance. From Wikipedia: Axis powers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term "axis" is believed to have been first coined by Hungary's fascist prime minister Gyula Gömbös who advocated an alliance of Germany, Hungary, and Italy and worked as an intermediary between Germany and Italy to lessen differences between the two countries to achieve such an alliance. Gömbös' sudden death in 1936 while negotiating with Germany in Munich and the arrival of a non-fascist successor to him ended Hungary's initial involvement in pursuing a trilateral axis, but the lessening of differences between Germany and Italy would lead to a bilateral axis being formed.

The intention of the axis powers was to conquer the world ... and to purify the world ... hence the white horse rider of Revelation ... the "white" Aryan race.

Spike Jones Der Fuehrer's Face - YouTube

Rev 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

EVERY Christian? Including Westboro?
At least those who do His commandments ...
Rev 22:12-17 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I merely observe the obvious. :wave:

People every generation since the disciples have "observed the obvious" to say that the prophecies fit specific instances in their times and that the return of Jesus was imminent. What makes your "obvious observations" any better than theirs?

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not interested in a anti-christ=one who rejects Jesus of Nazareth for who he claims to be.

And what, pray tell, does he claim to be am I rejecting?

I love to be challenged because I know I'm right.

So do I :thumbsup:

Upvote 0