IF I HAD A TATOO THIS IS THE VERSE I WOULD HAVE.whats yours ?

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see! :) So does it ever give you a chance to talk to folk about what the verse means?
All the time. While many/most may believers know the verse, others don't, and after asking what my tattoo says, almost always follow with, "What does it mean?"

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All the time. While many/most may believers know the verse, others don't, and after asking what my tattoo says, almost always follow with, "What does it mean?"

Well, sounds like you have some good testimony opportunities. Is this the only faith based tattoo that you have or are you/have you actively considered getting more Bible verses inked in visible placements?

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Well, sounds like you have some good testimony opportunities. Is this the only faith based tattoo that you have or are you/have you actively considered getting more Bible verses inked in visible placements?

May I ask why you seem to really really want people to get faith based tattoos and are actively encouraging people, myself included to do this?

Its one thing to help people understand we are not under the law but you really seem to want people to get tattoos.. just curious as to why?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
May I ask why you seem to really really want people to get faith based tattoos and are actively encouraging people, myself included to do this?

Its one thing to help people understand we are not under the law but you really seem to want people to get tattoos.. just curious as to why?

Two or three points in response; re. yourself, this was answered in post 60 of the other thread: http://www.christianforums.com/t7845170-6/#post66452461

Re. the idea in general; Bible verse designs are subject of the thread.

I don't think I've ever said specifically that people 'should' get them, though; it's very much a personal thing.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Would I get one now? No. It hurt. Do I regret the one I have? No. My body has been defiled in far worse ways than a small picture on my back. Yet despite all these defilements (some my doing, some not), God loves me. He accepts me. He sees me fit.

Just thought I'd say.

PrudenceAnn: So you don't seem to regret it, either. Did you ever consider adding a Bible ref., cross, etc. to make the tattoo more focused, maybe?

Blessings.

Upvote 0

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... I don't have a tattoo. I would like one, just haven't found one I like...and being diabetic, not too sure about it.

Talk to your doctor; and to your local palor as well. The quality of inks used in tattoos has actually improved greatly in recent years.

Do you have a particular Bible ref., or symbol (Christian fish sign, etc.) that you like?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know some lady who thought the AA prayer was a Bible verse and had it tattooed large on her back.

It's ironic she is not a Alcoholic,nor very religious.

More commonly known as the Serenity Prayer. The AA might have adapted it for use in their meetings, but they didn't write it, and it's not an "alcoholic's prayer". It was also distributed to army chaplains and servicemen during WWII.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
from back
I have a tattoo myself, because it was done years ago.... I can't say I regret it, but if given the chance, I probably would not have it done again!

I don't personally think there is anything immoral about having a tattoo... I know they are not a natural part of our body, but neither is a woman who wears lipstick and mascara every day -it's all addition to the natural body in one way or another. As is wearing jewlerry, or dyeing your hair a different colour. The difference is, of course, that tattoos are permenant, so be careful that you really feel sure about having one.

I saw some beautiful Christian tattoos recently, of Christ and the fish symbol. Some love it, some hate it. Some think it's wrong. One thing I will say, is that the Christian tattoo causes people to ask questions, it's like an opening to evangalise because the tattoo gets peoples attention - perhaps in that way it is a good thing. "So, how long have you been a Christian?" or "What does that fish symbol mean?" etc.

Fiona:

You don't seem to regret yours, anyway.

Yes, I think the Christian fish symbol <>< can be effective in witness and can lead to discussions of Scripture verses.

Blessings.

Upvote 0