IF I HAD A TATOO THIS IS THE VERSE I WOULD HAVE.whats yours ?

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Mine in the bold bit.

All those that don't believe in tatoo's can still post - if you like !;)

MikeBigg

Apr 13, 2010
Hampshire, UK
✟17,374.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Its Leviticus 19: 28.

Lev 19: 27 says: "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard. "

I guess we have to follow that, too!?

Surely, we are beyond all that law stuff now!

I like what was behind MrHappy's thread - which verse we would like to permanently be associated with?

Two come to mind for me - I think they are both profound - in Matt 11 Jesus said "come to me ... for I am gentle and humble at heart ... you will find rest for your soul." I think thats a bit long.

The other: "Jesus stopped ... ". I think it could be a good conversation started.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Mine in the bold bit.

Seems kind of long. Where would you place it?

As for me, I've never given it any thought.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
some have already stated its law to not mark your body
and stated that if you keep that law ,should you not also keep the others .. and then use such argument as an excuse to do anything it seems .

but you forget .. you have been redeemed by the blood of the lamb of God .
bought back at immeasurable price . your life is not your own and your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit ..

perhaps one should ASK the Holy Spirit ..before one goes tagging and defacing his temple ..yes?

nothing to do with law ..
acknowledge the lord in ALL YOUR WAYS and HE will direct your paths .as to whether you should ink HIS temple at your beck and call or whether you should acknowldeg and OBEY HIM who died for you .

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok can we make this less about Mosaic Law and answer the OP... If you want to obey a verse in Deuteronomy then you need to obey all of them, otherwise you're a hypocrite and just as wrong as what you accuse the one with the tattoo of.

Mine after much deliberation I would have to choose between...

To live is Christ
To die is gain

Or...

Love never fails!

So much to choose from though

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Lev 19: 27 says: "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard. "

I like what was behind MrHappy's thread - which verse we would like to permanently be associated with?

Two come to mind for me - I think they are both profound - in Matt 11 Jesus said "come to me ... for I am gentle and humble at heart ... you will find rest for your soul." I think thats a bit long.

The other: "Jesus stopped ... ". I think it could be a good conversation started.

Obviously we are beyond "all that law stuff" because we are following Jesus Christ, but it is still easier for Heaven and Earth to fall away than one letter of the law. Isn't that because the law was wise rules to consider?

So is it all that wise to have silly hair cuts and lots of perminient tatoo's?

Wisdom wrote the law, perhaps we should consider that. To me, getting Scripture verses tatooed on you is similar to getting your beer mug engraved with a scripture verse. There is nothing saying you can't have a beer but is that really where you want the verse.

Maybe - perhaps there is a good reason? And certainly we don't condeem people for that type of thing. Of course neither are we following the Scriptures, but the Lord and one of His names is Wisdom. So I guess if someone was to write on themselves it should be "I am the Lord's". I think there might be a verse about that. But if God really needed it written into your flesh how He didn't make you with a Scripture verse already in place?

So if He tells you to do it, do it. But still, there is a Scriptures that says not to, so why are we going to do it? We aren't going to do it to show we are not following the law are we?

Perhaps someone does it because they are zealous for the Lord? But if the Scriptures, which were inspired by God, say to not do it, were they hearing from Him in their zealousness? If so, do it. If not, don't.

Upvote 0

Lovely Jar

Pray Out Loud
Jun 24, 2013
✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Mine in the bold bit.

I'd pick this as my tattoo.
“‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:27-29

:p

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

As you say, a permanent association.

Clip your beard, it will grow again. But tattoo yourself and you're stuck with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Humm - I think there is a verse saying not to have tatoo's.

I'm not trying to get religious, and I certainly don't think a tatoo means loosing your salvation or anything like that, but it seems wierd to want verses put on you when there is a verse that seems to say not to.

and stated that if you keep that law ,should you not also keep the others .. and then use such argument as an excuse to do anything it seems .

bought back at immeasurable price . your life is not your own and your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit ..

perhaps one should ASK the Holy Spirit ..before one goes tagging and defacing his temple ..yes?

acknowledge the lord in ALL YOUR WAYS and HE will direct your paths .as to whether you should ink HIS temple at your beck and call or whether you should acknowldeg and OBEY HIM who died for you .

I'd pick this as my tattoo.
“‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:27-29

:p

Careful people
speaking against tattoos is frowned upon in CF

Or you all could get this tattooed on you:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

18 “If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father or mother and doesn’t listen to them even after they discipline him, 19 his father and mother must take hold of him and bring him to the elders of his city, to the gate of his hometown. 20 They will say to the elders of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he doesn’t obey us. He’s a glutton and a drunkard.’ 21 Then all the men of his city will stone him to death. You must purge the evil from you, and all Israel will hear and be afraid.

Haven't seen or heard of any of you stoning your rebellious children or anyone else's for that matter. Don't pick and choose which parts of the Bible you will support and defend unless you're going to do all of it please

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I steadfastly refuse to give my daughter into prostitution

:thumbsup:

I didn't mean to come across as rude in my last comment. I'm sure I did. Just don't understand how Christians can use that one solitary verse in Deut to say Jesus doesn't want us to have tattoo's, then completely pass over other parts of Deuteronomy because "It's the Law and doesn't apply to us." Well that statement would apply to the "tattoo" verse too

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok can we make this less about Mosaic Law and answer the OP... If you want to obey a verse in Deuteronomy then you need to obey all of them, otherwise you're a hypocrite and just as wrong as what you accuse the one with the tattoo of.

Mine after much deliberation I would have to choose between...

To live is Christ
To die is gain

Or...

Love never fails!

So much to choose from though

do tell though.
what has this got to do with mosaic law ....?

Upvote 0