If Gods Law is Perfect, why is it called a curse if you cant keep it perfeclty?

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 19:7(NKJV)
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;

Galatians 3:10 (NKJV)
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”
Galatians chapter 3 verse 24,25,23
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we must be justified by faith now that faith has come we are no longer under the supervision of the law before this faith came we were held prisoners by the law locked up until faith should be revealed.
Galatians chapter 5 verse 6
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love.

Reactions: sahjimira
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The law itself is righteous and good and therefor it is a curse to those who are under it and lack those qualities.
You don't obey the law, no one does.
1 Timothy chapter 1 verse 7,8
They want to be teachers of the law but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm. We know the law is good if one uses it properly.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't obey the law, no one does.
1 Timothy chapter 1 verse 7,8
They want to be teachers of the law but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm. We know the law is good if one uses it properly.
I think whats still applicable, many do obey it whether they know it or not. Might not be perfect at it, but we still are keeping a majority of the Torah.

Reactions: Ken Yehuwdiy
Upvote 0

Cloture

Jul 20, 2015
a city by the sea
✟8,092.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A few years ago, I remember helping an elderly woman clean her house. She had an attic space with lots of old furniture/storage that we had to go through. It smelled like dust. We worked for a long time cleaning and dusting and removing dirty things, thanks to a light bulb that shone from the ceiling. After a while, we figured we had cleaned it pretty nicely.

Someone got brave enough to shove open the window. It had gotten stuck over the years and was hidden behind a curtain. We pulled off the curtain and wrenched the the glass upward.

Bright sunlight struck a patch of the floor in the dimly-lit room. Within the rays of that perfect light, thousands of tiny dust particles were revealed swirling through the air. The perfection of sunshine revealed the shortcomings of a manmade light bulb.

God's law is the standard of sunlight, and once we see it, we can never view our light bulbs as being equal. Our attempts to recreate it are in vain. The curse of a manmade light bulb is its eternal inferiority. The gospel is God's way of telling us to stop relying on our methods and just open our windows to let His perfect light remove all darkness.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Please click on the link and listen to lesson 15:

http://rabbiyeshua.com/index.php/item/952-galatians-i

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A few years ago, I remember helping an elderly woman clean her house. She had an attic space with lots of old furniture/storage that we had to go through. It smelled like dust. We worked for a long time cleaning and dusting and removing dirty things, thanks to a light bulb that shone from the ceiling. After a while, we figured we had cleaned it pretty nicely.

Someone got brave enough to shove open the window. It had gotten stuck over the years and was hidden behind a curtain. We pulled off the curtain and wrenched the the glass upward.

Bright sunlight struck a patch of the floor in the dimly-lit room. Within the rays of that perfect light, thousands of tiny dust particles were revealed swirling through the air. The perfection of sunshine revealed the shortcomings of a manmade light bulb.

God's law is the standard of sunlight, and once we see it, we can never view our light bulbs as being equal. Our attempts to recreate it are in vain. The curse of a manmade light bulb is its eternal inferiority. The gospel is God's way of telling us to stop relying on our methods and just open our windows to let His perfect light remove all darkness.

Excellent analogy! Thanks!

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think whats still applicable, many do obey it whether they know it or not. Might not be perfect at it, but we still are keeping a majority of the Torah.
Romans chapter 9 verses 30-Romans chapter 10 verse 4
What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. As it is written: See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame. Brothers my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are Zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own the did not submit to God's righteousness, Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Romans chapter 9 verses 30-Romans chapter 10 verse 4
What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. As it is written: See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame. Brothers my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are Zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own the did not submit to God's righteousness, Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

I invite you to listen to lesson 6:

http://rabbiyeshua.com/index.php/item/935-romans-II

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't listen to anything but the bible, that's the only thing of value in this life, and love.
1 John chapter 1 verse 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
James chapter 2 verse 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I don't listen to anything but the bible, that's the only thing of value in this life, and love.
1 John chapter 1 verse 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
James chapter 2 verse 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Just reading the Bible does not necessarily lead to understanding it, so there is value in being taught how to understand it correctly.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just reading the Bible does not necessarily lead to understanding it, so there is value in being taught how to understand it correctly.
Psalm 119 verse 99
I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0