Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thats how you are portraying God. It may not be your intent, however thats how its coming across. God waiting up in heaven with a big stick to punish us the minute we step out of line.

True holiness does not come as a result of adherance to a set of external standards. Grasp that and you can start living the life you were supposed to live

It may not be how you are intending to come across, however every time I read your posts I am hearing someone saying that true holiness comes from an adherance to a set of external standards rather than allowing the Holy Spirit access to all areas of our life and allowing Him to change us from within.

I would hope the fact that numerous people get a similar message from your posts should perhaps encourage you to look at how you are communicating.

As long as believers are motivated by what they feel, rather than what the Scriptures tells us, there will be this problem of believing that we are the ones who make ourselves holy. And, the excuse used for perpetuating the problem will be one given about semantics, or that their pastor told them about the "me" generation. The Word of God was not intended to be for poetic license. But, because volitions are the issue with God's plan, there will always be a way out of submitting to what is truth. Myself, included, that's why renewing our minds to the new self is something we must do always, everyday. ;)

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

You maybe perhaps the wiseist woman I have ever met in this forum. :sorry:, I don't mean to inflate your ego too much. Just want you to know that you are impressing me greatly in this thread. Actually alot of people here have. I didn't know that this many here believe in grace and how to live it the same way that I do, I'm greatly encouraged!

I used to be addicted to inappropriate content myself, and I'm not ashamed to talk about it because the deliverance from it is reason to glorify God, and isn't that the purpose?

One thing you said that hit the home run for me was when you said "it's a spiritual matter isn't it?", yes it is. It's easy for us guys to only see it as a physical matter, or rather a body and soul matter. We end up struggling with our minds and bodies believeing we have to change what we're doing. That we have to repent and just stop engaging in it. The word "me" comes up alot in this, we are in the "me" generation don't you know? ;)

This is a spiritual battle though, it's not about us battling the demons in our minds, if that is what you are doing then you are already doomed to failure. The only way to gain victory over this is to not even be in the battle. Step out of it and into the open arms of Jesus and there is where you will find rest. Yes that means you have to engage in praying in the spirit, meditating on his word, it's all of those things you listed. The Spirit does the battle for us and only then will the battle be won. If we leave it up to ourselves and will power, you will fail. Yes the word tells us to use will power, in fact it's one of the fruits of the Spirit (self-control) but the way we get there isn't through our efforts in the battle over the flesh but our efforts in staying in his arms. He does the work and that is how He gets the glory. See, otherwise if you by chance win the battle over the flesh by your will power and self-control, all the glory goes to you.

Wow! I didn't expect that! And no it doesnt' boost my ego because I will aways give glory to God. He's the one who changed me.

One thing that I would like to say to you though, is,...you said "only then will the battle be won" Just one correction with that....the batter is ALREADY won ;) Yeh it's done! And the only way to apply it to our lives is by walking in the spirit and trusting in the one who's won the battle already - Christ.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

2 questions.

1. Where does it say that unbelievers are sons?

Your scripture you quoted said..."sons of disobedience". Believers are not sons of disobedience...we are all sons of God.

2. When unbelievers and christians sin, will God only punish the unbeliever?

Correct because they have refused the salvation from the law of sin and death.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

1Every (A)person is to be in (B)subjection to the governing authorities For (C)there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

2Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
3For (D)rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
4for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an (E)avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. 5Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also (F)for conscience' sake. Romans 13

And we will because we are sons of God :)

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

And I never said that we need to be good to earn our way into heaven.
Every time I post for people to do good and turn from wickedness, people always try to twist my words as if I'm saying "earn your way into heaven".

If that's not what you're really saying then prove it! Show us how you do not earn your way to heaven. Show us! Prove your point about not earning our way to heaven.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow! I didn't expect that! And no it doesnt' boost my ego because I will aways give glory to God. He's the one who changed me.

One thing that I would like to say to you though, is,...you said "only then will the battle be won" Just one correction with that....the batter is ALREADY won ;) Yeh it's done! And the only way to apply it to our lives is by walking in the spirit and trusting in the one who's won the battle already - Christ.
LOL, Semantics will get you nowhere with me...I'm kiddin ;)

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your scripture you quoted said..."sons of disobedience". Believers are not sons of disobedience...we are all sons of God.
:thumbsup: Correct, Christianity 101:

John 1:12-13, Yet to all who receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Correct because they have refused the salvation from the law of sin and death.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.